Seasonal Youth Camps and Clinics are limited youth program offerings that provide special experiences and opportunities for youth to participate in recreational youth programs all year long. From weekend clinics, to multi-day break camps, Rec Sports Youth Programs offers an array of seasonal program options for the youth in your family.
Upcoming Seasonal Youth Camps
Strawberry Canyon Youth Camp – Spring Break 2023
Strawberry Canyon Youth Camp (SCYC) is a comprehensive recreational day camp for youth ages 5 – 11. Strawberry Canyon Youth Camp is structured around the idea that all children need opportunities to play and engage in regular group activity to support their mental health and well-being. SCYC combines group games and sports activities, experimental science, and crafts to provide a well-rounded, and diverse recreational camp experience. In addition to a wide array of structured activities, campers are provided with ample opportunities to build positive relationships with friends through free play and group games that emphasize positive play and pro-social behaviors.
Spring Break Camp also provides the opportunity for all campers to participate in group swim lessons. These are administered by our Aquatics staff members and facilitated by our camp staff.
Note: Youth must bring a sack lunch daily, and snacks are encouraged. Strawberry Youth Camp will not be providing lunch or snacks for enrolled campers.
|04/03/23 – 04/07/23||Mon – Fri||8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.*||$500||Register|
*Early drop-off available at 8:30 a.m.
Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area (5 Centennial Drive, Berkeley, CA 94704)
- Sample Day of Camp (Actual Activities May Vary)
- 8:30AM - 9:00AM: Camper Drop-Off and Open-Play Activity Stations
- 9:00AM - 9:15AM: Opening Circle and Announcements
- 9:15AM - 10:15AM: Activity 1 (Table Tennis and Board Games)
- 10:15AM - 10:30AM: AM Snack Time
- 10:30AM - 11:30AM: Activity 2 (Science Exploration)
- 11:30AM - 12:30PM: Lunch & Recess/Open-Play Activity Stations
- 12:30PM - 1:30PM: Activity 3 (Arts & Crafts)
- 1:30PM - 2:30PM: Activity 4 (Dance, Yoga, & Theater)
- 2:30PM - 3:00PM: PM Snack Time and Break
- 3:00PM - 4:00PM: Activity 5 (Nature Walk)
- 4:00PM - 5:00PM: Open-Play Activity Stations
- 5:00PM - 5:30PM: Clean-Up and Dismissal (Pick-Up)