Strawberry Canyon Pool resumed operations for the summer season on May 28, 2022.
SCRA is the perfect spot for any outdoor adventure. The Strawberry Canyon Ropes Course made up of seven challenging and exciting elements, allows you to bond with your peers while swinging, climbing, and hanging among the Redwoods, while the Strawberry Canyon Pool is ideal for a summer afternoon.
Strawberry Canyon Pool, open only during the summer, has 3 lanes of 25 yards and water temperature maintained at 80-81 degrees F. Three lanes are dedicated to lap swimming – the rest is for recreational. Amenities include locker rooms, hot showers, day lockers (bring your own lock), swimsuit spinners, kickboards, a pool lift for those needing assistance getting into the pool, and wheelchair access to the locker rooms. No towel service is available.
Who Can Use It?
Strawberry Canyon Pool will resume operations for the summer season on May 28, 2022. Please continue to check our Program & Services Update page for more information about our current operations.
The Ropes Course is only available for scheduled groups and classes. See our Ropes Course page for details.
Strawberry Canyon Day Passes
Ages 12 and up: $15.00
Ages 3-11: $5.00
Under 3: Free
(Cash/Check/Credit card accepted.)
The Strawberry Canyon Ropes Course and Pool are located at the Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area (SCRA) on Centennial Drive, just above Memorial Stadium. To access the locker room and pools, enter from the parking lot and proceed down the main walkway. The pool and locker rooms are located on the ground level.
Parking is located in the SCRA parking lot. There is no street parking.
Strawberry Canyon Pool is open seasonally from the end of May through the end of October. For the most up-to-date hours, please visit our Lap Swim Schedule page for the pool’s hours.
- How do I purchase a day pass for Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area & Pool?
Day passes can only be purchased at the SCRA cashier booth upon entry to the facility. Cash/check/credit card accepted.
- Do I need a day pass to come into the Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area even if I don’t plan on swimming in the pool?Yes. Anyone entering the Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area must purchase a day pass.
- May I use my SCRA Day Pass more than once on the date of purchase?Yes. The Strawberry Canyon Day Pass is valid for the entire day of purchase. If you plan on leaving and returning to the facility, please request a receipt to present upon re-entry.
- If I have a Cal Rec Club membership do I also have to purchase a day pass for SCRA?No. All current Cal Rec Club members have unlimited access to all Berkeley Rec Sports facilities during scheduled lap swim time and do not need to purchase a day pass for Strawberry Canyon. Members must present their Cal ID card upon entry.
- Can the SCRA Day Pass be used at the Golden Bear pool or the RSF?No. The SCRA Day Pass is only valid at Strawberry Canyon on the date of purchase.