Stay active, stay healthy: To keep you going near or far, we now offer a collection of free resources, virtual classes, and online videos to the UC Berkeley community.
Find something that suits your needs and interests below. This page will be regularly updated as new classes, programs and offerings become available.
Wellness Happens Here …. And Wherever You Are!
For continued updates on Rec Sports facilities and operations during COVID-19, please see: recsports.berkeley.edu/covid-19
Cal Aquatics Masters (CALM) dryland workouts, hosted on Zoom, are curated and run by our professional swim coaches for athletes seeking to reach their peak in the water. While intended to be supplemental to in-water sessions, our Dryland Workouts are challenging, engaging and fun. Cal Aquatics Masters (CALM) is offering dryland workouts, hosted on Zoom, for its members. These are curated and run by our professional swim coaches for athletes seeking to reach their peak in the water. While intended to be supplemental to in-water sessions, our Dryland Workouts are challenging, engaging and fun. While workouts currently are available only to current CALM members, we are working to make them available to the broader campus community soon.
- Mon, Wed, Fri, 11–11:30 a.m. – Core legs and upper body with Coach Tryn
- Tue, Thu, Sat, 8–8:30 a.m. – Tuesdays & Thursdays: Legs with Coach Gaku; Saturdays: Core with Coach Gaku
- Tue / Thu, 6–6:30 p.m. – Tuesdays & Thursdays: Legs with Coach Gaku
Additional Resources & Workouts
- Dryland workouts and essential stretches for swimmers from United States Masters Swimming (USMS). See additional USMS member resources available during COVID-19.
- Home workout routines from Fédération Internationale de Natation (FINA) – the governing body responsible for international and Olympic rules, competitions and world record oversight.
- At-home swim training from SwimSwam, a swimming news organization covering competitive swimming along with diving, water polo and synchronized swimming.
Do you have questions that you would like to have answered from a Certified Personal Trainer? Want to know more about the different variables of strength and cardio training, such as reps, sets, and intensity. Interested in learning about different programs that can help you achieve your fitness goals?
Sign up for a FREE 45-minute online session with a personal trainer. The trainer will answer your questions and explain the principles and practices of cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility training, and introduce you to different programs that may fit your goals and needs and answer any questions about exercise and fitness.
How to Sign Up
To schedule your free online fitness consultation: select a trainer from the drop-down below, choose your desired day and time and click search to view the available appointments during that time frame. Once you’ve scheduled your session, your trainer will email you with a “Zoom” meeting invite.
Note: Hours are limited. Sessions limited to one per customer.
Health History Questionnaire
Before your consultation, please read through the Health History Questionnaire.
Please note that when filling out the PAR-Q portion of the Health Questionnaire, if you answer “yes” to one or more questions you will need to receive medical clearance before you begin your own exercise routine.
Since trainers will not have signed and completed copies of the health history questionnaire, and PARQ, they will not be able to prescribe exercise.
How to Participate
Find a class or classes you’re interested in from the calendar above – we offer everything from yoga and pilates to total body conditioning and Zumba – and click on the Zoom link to sign-up.
After a few quick clicks, you’ll receive the Zoom link to join the class (you’ll also receive an email confirmation with the link for your reference). Please note, you’ll be placed in a waiting room until the class begins.
Love the class and planning to join again next week? Add it to your calendar from the class sign-up page to be reminded and easily join in future weeks.
Hip Hop Dance Fit Home Workout | 30 mins
Yoga Refresh Home Workout | 1 min
Classes & Videos from Other Universities
During a time when social distancing is the norm, the 2020 Recreation Movement Initiative introduces an online initiative encouraging participants to keep campus communities moving during quarantine through daily fitness challenges and workout classes, as well as individual exercises including walking, running and hiking.
With leadership from the National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA), UC Berkeley students, faculty, university staff and alumni are able to participate in online workout classes from more than 60 different colleges and universities across the country.
Create an account using your .edu email address and instantly access live and prerecorded workout, fitness and movement classes. After each class, log your total number of active minutes and watch as your school's total minutes stack up against other participating schools.
Sign-up and get started moving today.
- Get in the game! Join us on Twitch every Wednesday at 7 p.m. for IM Sports Trivia Night. Please set up your Twitch account in advance of your first visit to Trivia Night. Each week's winner will receive an IM Sports Under Armour shirt!
- Weekly RecWithoutBorders Quarantine Quiz online trivia every Wednesday at 5 p.m. on Twitch, brought to you by the National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA).
- Adaptive online exercise classes from Bay Area Outreach & Recreation Program (BORP) and the National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability (NCHPAD).
- Free exercise resources and live events from Disabled Sports USA.
Chair Yoga Home Workout | 30 minutes
- Medical nutrition therapy and nutrition education for UC Berkeley students from University Health Services (UHS).
- Virtual personal training for Rec Sports existing clients (no accepting new clients at this time) via Zoom. To schedule a session please contact Robbie Earle, email@example.com.
- Additional virtual personal training resources coming soon.
RSF Tour in 60 Seconds
Get moving, have fun, and connect with friends when you join our campus community for virtual 5K events every Saturday. To participate just download the free Strava app and join the Berkeley Rec Sports 5K Club.
Complete your 5K at any time during each designated event day. Your choice: Go outside to run or walk (six feet apart!) or stay inside on a treadmill. If you use a treadmill for your 5K you will need to manually enter your participation information onto the app. Check the app messaging posts for event updates and fun fitness tips.
Download and print your Virtual 5K event bib and information sheet and start moving today.
Event Dates: On-going every Saturday