Gain new skills, and learn about teamwork, leadership, and strategy in a high-tech, supportive, and inclusive environment centered around Esports: competitive, organized video gaming.
About Esports Teen Camp
Esports Teen Camp is a new camp experience that has been specifically designed for tech-savvy teens who enjoy competitive gaming and have an interest in meshing their interests and skills. We will use project-based learning activities to explore different types of gaming and media, as well as different team-building activities that promote positive social development and technological fluency. Teens who participate in this camp experience will have the opportunity to take part in several different activities, including:
- Team Gaming
- Game Strategy and Exploration
- Non-Digital Team Building games and activities
- At minimum 1 Hour of Coding each day, working on a larger week-long project
- End-of-Session Event that serves as a display of skills that were worked on throughout the week
Age & Eligibility
Campers must be ages 12 to age 14 by June 1.
Cal Esports Community Center, Foothill Residence Hall – UC Berkeley
The Register button will take you to our CampDoc registration portal, where you can view camp availability and options, add extended care and additional weeks or sign up multiple campers for multiple weeks.
|Week 1||6/5/23 – 6/9/23||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$475|
|Week 2||6/12/23 – 6/16/23||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$475|
|Week 3||6/20/23 – 6/23/23||Tues – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$380|
|Week 4||6/26/23 – 6/30/23||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$475|
|Week 5||7/3/23 – 7/7/23||
Mon – Fri
|9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$380|
|Week 6||7/10/23 – 7/14/23||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$475|
|Week 7||7/17/23 – 7/21/23||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$475|
|Week 8||7/24/23 – 7/28/23||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$475|
- Sample Daily Esports Schedule (Activities Subject to Change)
- 9:00am: Warm-up (hand exercises and real life physical warm-up outside)
- 9:30am: In-game warmup (aim training)
- 10:00am: Squad Up - team bonding and teamwork/collaboration OR presentations on content for the day
- 12:00pm: Lunch and off-screen time (Rec. Sports physical activities outside, away from screens)
- 12:30pm: Hour of coding (ex. scratch, code.org)
- 1:30pm: Virtual Reality (optional) and/or additional Esports gameplay
- 2:30pm: In-game tournament and competitive play with specialist instructors, squad leaders, and other campers
- 4:00pm: Official end to scheduled camp day activities, but campers are permitted to stay and play until 6 p.m. (extended day option)
- 6:00pm: Extended day option ends
- Esports Facility Features
55 high-end gaming PCs, a Twitch Broadcast Center, Player’s Lounge, Virtual Reality via Oculus Rift S and Oculus Quest headsets, and other amenities.
- Participant Groupings
40 total Esports participants split into 8 mini-groups of 5.
- Games List
Apex Legends, OVerwatch 2, Beat Saber, Fortnite, Valorant, Hearthstone, League of Legends, Magic the Gathering: Arena, Osu!, Rocket League, Super Auto Pets, Smite.
Afternoon Extended Care Options
Rest easy knowing that you have some extra time to get through traffic, finish a few errands, or pick up dinner before you pick up your camper(s). Morning and evening Extended Care is included in the price of camp.
- Morning Extended Care: 7:30 – 9:00am
- Afternoon Extended Care: 4:00 – 6:00pm