This experiential camp gives campers the opportunity to observe, examine, and analyze a variety of Bay Area ecosystems – both on the water at the Berkeley Marina and on terra firma.
About This Camp
An exciting full-day camp focused on developing outdoor adventure skills. Learn basic survival skills and local wildlife identification, paddle the Bay, perform experiments aboard a sailing research vessel and more! Activities may vary week to week.
Ages & Eligibility
Campers must be ages 10-14 on the first day of camp in order to register.
Questions about eligibility? Contact Cal Adventures Youth Programs Manager Lauren Gregory.
|Week 02||6/14 – 6/18||Mon – Fri||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.||Registration Info|
|Week 03||6/21 – 6/25||Mon – Fri||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.||Registration Info|
|Week 06||7/12 – 7/16||Mon – Fri||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.||Registration Info|
|Week 08||7/26 – 7/30||Mon – Fri||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.||Registration Info|
Monday-Thursday | UC Berkeley Aquatic Center @ the Berkeley Marina – 124 University Ave Berkeley, CA 94720
Friday | 6/18 & 7/16 Richmond Marina (meet by 9:30am)
Friday | 6/25 & 7/30 UC Berkeley Aquatic Center @ the Berkeley Marina (meet @ 9am)
- Sample Activities
- Paddle South Sailing Basin & explore shoreline ecosystems
- Outdoor skills: Fire building, water filtration, orienteering (letterboxing/geocaching), Leave No Trace, rule of 3’s, map/chart reading, outdoor cooking, Animal track prints & identification, Animal survival / camouflage
- Tidepooling during low tide weeks
- Shelter building / sandcastles
- And More!
- What to BringEach participant must arrive at camp with:
- Backpack (labeled with name) for ease of carrying gear around town
- Bagged lunch with drinks
- Shoes or sandals that can be worn in the water (such as: Tevas, Keens, or Crocs. No flip-flops please)
- Closed-toed shoes that can be worn for active play
- Comfortable pants or shorts
- Sweater, sweatshirt, or jacket
- One-Liter water bottle