This experiential camp gives kids the opportunity to observe, examine, and analyze a variety of Bay Area ecosystems – both on the water and on terra firma.
About This Camp
An exciting full-day camp focused on developing outdoor adventure skills. Learn basic survival skills and local wildlife identification, climb our ropes course, paddle the Bay, and more! Activities may vary week to week.
Ages & Eligibility
Campers must be ages 9-12 (by December 1, 2020) in order to register for this camp.
Location: UC Berkeley Marina – 124 University Ave Berkeley, CA 94720
- Sample Activities
- Paddle South Sailing Basin & explore shoreline ecosystems
- Outdoor skills: Fire building, water filtration, orienteering (letterboxing/geocaching), Leave No Trace, rule of 3’s, map/chart reading, outdoor cooking, Animal track prints & identification, Animal survival / camouflage
- Tidepooling during low tide weeks
- Shelter building / sandcastles
- And More!
- What to BringEach participant must arrive at camp with:
- Backpack (labeled with name) for ease of carrying gear around town
- Bagged lunch with drinks
- Shoes or sandals that can be worn in the water (such as: Tevas, Keens, or Crocs. No flip-flops please)
- Closed-toed shoes that can be worn for active play
- Comfortable pants or shorts
- Sweater, sweatshirt, or jacket
- One-Liter water bottle