Year-Round Youth Programs and Camps for Summer 2020 Cancelled – Due to COVID-19 considerations, Rec Sports has cancelled all in-person youth programming (all summer camps as well as year-round Archery, Recreational and Competitive Gymnastics, Skate Classes, and Swimming Lessons) for summer 2020. For more information, read our FAQs.
About This Camp
A perfect introduction to Cal Adventures camps for our youngest campers, and accompaniment for AM campers in search of an afternoon program. Look forward to afternoons filled with activities to include kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding on the SF Bay, teambuilding through outdoor field games, and tie-dying Cal Adventures t-shirts.
Ages & Eligibility
Campers must be ages 8-11 (by December 1, 2020) in order to register for this camp.
Location: UC Berkeley Marina – 124 University Ave Berkeley, CA 94720
- Monday - Introductions & Field games @ Cesar Chavez Park
- Tuesday - Paddleboarding @ South Sailing Basin
- Wednesday - Tie dye t-shirts @ Shorebird Beach
- Thursday - Nature scavenger hunt & Letterboxing @ Cesar Chavez Park
- Friday - Sit-on-top kayak obstacle course @ South Sailing Basin
- Backpack (labeled with name) for ease of carrying gear around town
- Shoes or sandals that can be worn in the water (ie: Tevas, Keens, Crocs. NO flip-flops!)
- Closed-toed shoes that can be worn for active play
- Comfortable pants or shorts
- Sweater, sweatshirt, or jacket
- One-Liter water bottle
- Bagged lunch with drinks