Seasonal Youth Camps and Clinics are limited youth program offerings that provide special experiences and opportunities for youth to participate in recreational youth programs all year long. From weekend clinics, to multi-day break camps, Rec Sports Youth Programs offers an array of seasonal program options for the youth in your family.
Upcoming Seasonal Youth Camps
Strawberry Canyon Youth Camp – Spring Break 2022
Strawberry Canyon Youth Camp (SCYC) is a comprehensive recreational day camp for youth ages 5 – 11 (youth must be enrolled in Kindergarten through 5th grade). Strawberry Canyon Youth Camp is structured around the idea that all children need opportunities to play and engage in regular group activity to support their mental health and well-being. SCYC combines group games and sports activities, experimental science, and crafts to provide a well-rounded, and diverse recreational camp experience. In addition to a wide array of structured activities, campers are provided with ample opportunities to build positive relationships with friends through free play and group games that emphasize positive play and pro-social behaviors.
Note: Youth must bring a sack lunch daily, and snacks are encouraged. Strawberry Youth Camp will not be providing lunch or snacks for enrolled campers.
|Week 01||4/4/22 – 4/8/22||Mon – Fri||9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.*||$450||Register|
*Early drop-off available at 8:30 a.m.
Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area (5 Centennial Drive, Berkeley, CA 94704)
- Sample Day of Camp (Actual Activities May Vary)
- 8:30AM - 9:00AM: Camper Drop-Off and Open-Play Activity Stations
- 9:00AM - 9:15AM: Opening Circle and Announcements
- 9:15AM - 10:15AM: Activity 1 (Table Tennis and Board Games)
- 10:15AM - 10:30AM: AM Snack Time
- 10:30AM - 11:30AM: Activity 2 (Science Exploration)
- 11:30AM - 12:30PM: Lunch & Recess/Open-Play Activity Stations
- 12:30PM - 1:30PM: Activity 3 (Arts & Crafts)
- 1:30PM - 2:30PM: Activity 4 (Dance, Yoga, & Theater)
- 2:30PM - 3:00PM: PM Snack Time and Break
- 3:00PM - 4:00PM: Activity 5 (Nature Walk)
- 4:00PM - 5:00PM: Open-Play Activity Stations
- 5:00PM - 5:30PM: Clean-Up and Dismissal (Pick-Up)
Cal Adventures Spring Break Camp
Join us for an adventure-filled week on the Bay during Spring Break! Campers ages 9 – 14 are invited to this full-day camp at the Berkeley Marina. We’ve recruited some of our top-notch summer camp staff to lead exploration of the Bay in a new way each day. Students will master paddle skills on sit-on-top kayaks and paddleboards, plus an exciting introduction to sailing aboard our Venture and Zest sailboats. More Information.