Our Windsurfing Camp for ages 10-17 provides campers with an introduction to the sport of windsurfing.
About Windsurfing Camp
Windsurfing Camp provides an introduction to the world of windsurfing, or builds on existing experience. Learn the basics of rigging, balance, steering, tacking, self rescues, and equipment care. Campers around 100 lbs and above will have the most success in windsurfing camp, and campers should have comfortable swimming ability.
Ages & Eligibility
Campers must be ages 10-17 (by December 1, 2021) in order to register for this camp. We require that all campers be able to swim and weigh 100 lbs. or more in order to safely use windsurfing equipment and have a positive learning experience. It is up to parents to make sure their camper meets this requirement.
UC Berkeley Marina – 124 University Ave Berkeley, CA 94720
|Week 01||6/6/22 – 6/10/22||Mon – Fri||9:00 a.m. – 12 p.m.||$285||Waitlist|
|Week 03||6/21/22 – 6/24/22||Mon – Fri||9:00 a.m. – 12 p.m.||$230||Waitlist|
|Week 06||7/11/22 – 7/15/22||Mon – Fri||9:00 a.m. – 12 p.m.||$285||Waitlist|
|Week 08||7/25/22 – 7/29/22||Mon – Fri||9:00 a.m. – 12 p.m.||$285||Waitlist|
|Week 10||8/8/22 – 8/12/22||Mon – Fri||9:00 a.m. – 12 p.m.||$285||Waitlist|
- Monday - Introductions to equipment, rigging, getting onto your board, self arrest, on water practice, instructor assistance from motor boats and windsurfers on water.
- Tuesday - Reading the wind, wind clock, tacking, balance, on the water practice.
- Wednesday - Learn jibing, right-of-way rules, on the water practice.
- Thursday - Discuss risk assessment; refine body position, in the water practice.
- Friday - Peer evaluations on the water.
- What to BringIt can be COLD at the Marina — even during the summer! Please outfit your camper in warm layers.
- A bathing suit, towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, old sneakers or aqua socks, and a change of dry clothes for after class are recommended to be brought by each student.
- Glasses should always have a strap to hold them on.
- Cal Adventures provides wetsuits, PFDs, and all windsurfing equipment.
- Students should bring a water bottle and a light lunch or snack.
Afternoon Extended Care Options
Extend your child(ren)’s camp day, and rest easy knowing that you have some extra time to get through traffic, finish a few errands, or pick up dinner before you pick up your child(ren).
Schedule: 4:00PM – 6:00PM Daily
|Weekly Afternoon Extended Care||$75||Weeks 1, 6, 8, 10||Register|
|Weekly Afternoon Extended Care||$60||Week 3||Register|