Gain new skills, and learn about teamwork, leadership, and strategy in a high-tech, supportive, and inclusive environment centered around Esports: competitive, organized video gaming.
About Esports Teen Camp
Esports Teen Camp is a new camp experience that has been specifically designed for tech-savvy teens who enjoy competitive gaming and have an interest in meshing their interests and skills. We will use project-based learning activities to explore different types of gaming and media, as well as different team-building activities that promote positive social development and technological fluency. Teens who participate in this camp experience will have the opportunity to take part in several different activities, including:
- Team Gaming
- Game Strategy and Exploration
- Non-Digital Team Building games and activities
- 1 Hour of Coding each day
- Project-Based Learning activities
- End-of-Session Event that serves as a culminating project
Age & Eligibility
Campers must be ages 12 (entering 7th grade) to age 14 by June 1.
|Session I||6/6/22 – 6/17/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$850||Register|
|Session II||6/21/22 – 7/1/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$760||Waitlist|
|Session III||7/5/22 – 7/15/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$760||Register|
|Session IV||7/18/22 – 7/29/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$850||Register|
|Session V||8/1/22 – 8/12/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$850||Register|
|Week 1||6/6/22 – 6/10/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$425||Register|
|Week 2||6/13/22 – 6/17/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$425||Register|
|Week 3||6/21/22 – 6/24/22||Tues – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$380||Register|
|Week 4||6/27/22 – 7/1/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$425||Register|
|Week 5||7/5/22 – 7/8/22||Tues – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$380||Register|
|Week 6||7/11/22 – 7/15/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$425||Register|
|Week 7||7/18/22 – 7/22/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$425||Register|
|Week 8||7/25/22 – 7/29/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$425||Register|
|Week 9||8/1/22- 8/5/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$425||Register|
|Week 10||8/8/22 – 8/12/22||Mon – Fri||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||$425||Register|
- Sample Daily Esports Schedule (Activities Subject to Change)
- 9:00am: Warm-up (hand exercises and real life physical warm-up outside)
- 10:00am: In-game warmup (aiming, building, CS:GO practice for hand mechanics and game sense, etc.)
- 10:30am: Squad Up: team bonding and teamwork/collaboration
- 12:00pm: Lunch and off-screen time (Rec. Sports physical activities outside, away from screens)
- 1:30pm: Class time: Academics and Esports (time management, leadership development, etc.)
- 2:00pm: Virtual Reality (optional) and/or additional Esports gameplay
- 2:15pm: In-game tournament and competitive play with specialist instructors, squad leaders, and other campers
- 4:00pm: Official end to scheduled camp day activities, but campers are permitted to stay and play until 6 p.m. (extended day option)
- 6:00pm: Extended day option ends
- Esports Facility Features
55 high-end gaming PCs, a Twitch Broadcast Center, Player’s Lounge, Virtual Reality via Oculus Rift S and Oculus Quest headsets, and other amenities.
- Participant Groupings
50 total Esports participants split into 10 mini-groups of 5.
- Games List
Apex Legends, Beat Saber, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, DIablo 3, Dota 2, Fortnite, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, League of Legends, Magic the Gathering: Arena, Osu!, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Rocket League, and Starcraft 2.
Afternoon Extended Care Options
Rest easy knowing that you have some extra time to get through traffic, finish a few errands, or pick up dinner before you pick up your camper(s). Morning and evening Extended Care is included in the price of camp.
- Morning Extended Care: 7:30 – 9:00am
- Afternoon Extended Care: 4:00 – 6:00pm
Cal Youth Camps Enrollment Center