Volunteers assist in the administration of the program and in the execution of camp logistics such as registration, drop-off, pickup, setup, and takedown. In addition, volunteers assist the Recreation Program Instructor to organize and conduct classes. They also help with general supervision of the campers. All applicants must have sensory abilities, e.g. hearing and sight, necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Pay Rate: Volunteer
Click on a below to reveal more information
- Program Instruction (55%)
- Assist activity specialists in teaching skills and techniques of program activity. Provide support for activity specialist during instructional process. Promote enthusiasm and encouraging atmosphere for campers.
- Assist in providing general supervision and promote safe participation in programs.
- Administrative (40%)
- Record volunteer hours; submit signed record of volunteer hours to supervisor on or before monthly deadline.
- Notify supervisor when you are absent or late.
- Greet campers daily and assist with check-in and attendance procedures.
- Assist participants in locating activities and traveling between program activities. Escort participants back to facility as necessary.
- Help maintain equipment storage areas and equipment inventories.
- Assist in the setup and takedown of equipment. Assist in the clearing, inspection, inventory, and return of program equipment on a daily basis. Inform Activity Specialist of any defects in athletic equipment.
- Assist in the organization of the lunch break and the lunch time activity for full-day camps.
- Assist with the monitoring and tracking of attendance during activities and the lunch break.
- Retrieve and return lost and found items as necessary.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Camp Coordinators and Strawberry Canyon administrative staff.
- Assist in the release of campers to authorized pick-up persons at the end of the camp day.
- Assist in the execution of first aid or emergency procedures as necessary.
- Complete and submit paperwork accurately.
- Other (5%)
- Maintain appropriate behavior around participants at all times (e.g. no swearing, no inappropriate touching, etc.).
- Dress in appropriate attire. Wear program-issued shirt while volunteering.
- Demonstrate responsibility in regard to volunteer schedule, meetings & trainings, and workshops as required.
- Maintain a positive attitude while volunteering, help wherever needed.
- Display good customer service skills.
- Accept feedback and makes necessary corrections.
- Follow all camp policies and procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Physical, Environmental, & Mental DemandsPlease download and read the PEM_GroupLeader form. This form will fully explain the demands of the job you are applying for. If you have any questions after reading the form, please feel free to contact us.