Let the Customer Service Center at the RSF assist you with all your passport needs
Photo Services: We do not currently offer passport photo services. Photos must be brought-in or purchased elsewhere.
Traveling outside of the U.S?
The Customer Service Center at the RSF – an authorized U.S. Government Passport Acceptance facility – offers convenient weekday and Saturday hours as well as all the necessary forms, expedited service, and a friendly staff. No appointment necessary – all requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Passports services are available to everyone – you do not need to be affiliated with UC Berkeley to take advantage of these services.
ALL PASSPORT SERVICES AT UC BERKELEY ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO THE SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER. Visit travel.state.gov for Acceptance Facilities that are open at this time.
Hours, Location and Parking
|Monday – Friday||9 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. – 1 p.m.|
Administrative Holidays: Please note, passport services will be unavailable on all UC Berkeley administrative holidays.
Passport services are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. Upon arriving, please sign-in via the iPad located just past the Customer Service Center to be entered into the digital queue for service.
Please allow time for parking. The surrounding streets and structures can be very busy, especially during home athletic events.
Passport Book Fees
|Regular (6-8 weeks)|
16 and over
|Expedited (3-4 weeks)|
16 and over
|Overnight Expedited (2-3 weeks)|
16 and over
Accepted forms of payment: Check or money order made payable to US Department of State. Please note, in accordance with US Department of State regulations, separate checks or money order are required for each passport request.
Passport Card Fees
Acceptance Facility Fee
- $35 per application
- $20 additional for overnight expedite from UC Berkeley
Accepted forms of payment: Credit card, cash or check made payable to UC Regents.
- Completed DS-11 Form in black ink only
- We only process D-11 applications dated 2013 or newer
- Personal check, cashier’s check, or money order
- Old passport, Certificate of Naturalization, or original birth certificate
- Government-issued photo ID (of applicant or both parents/guardians)
- Please see above for fees and accepted forms of payment
Applicants Under 16 Years of Age
In addition to the items listed above:
- Applicants 15 years or younger must be accompanied by both parents/guardians at the time of application. Both parents/guardians must supply valid identification.
- First time applicants – original birth certificate.
- Renewals – previously issued passport and a photocopy of the birth certificate.
- Please see above for fees and accepted forms of payment.