The Cal Esports program is re-defining what it means to be a student-athlete and gamer on the UC Berkeley campus. Our holistic model is built on the cornerstones of community, competition, lifelong learning, wellness and social good.
Cal Esports Community Center Hours
Monday – Friday, 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday, 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
The Cal Esports Community Center will be closed on University recognized holidays.
Unlimited play at the Cal Esports Community Center
Full access to popular game libraries
Free access to all Cal Esports sponsored Member Events
Member only giveaways from Cal Esports sponsors
Access to Live Streaming Broadcast Center
Connect with registered student gaming clubs
Access to professional development opportunities
|Semester Membership||All benefits under Semester Membership with the exception of Cal Esports merchandise.||$35 per semester|
Games at the Cal Esports Community Center are available for all members and guests to play. Ranging from action to strategy, find a game that fits your interest!
- Game Library
Apex Legends Beat Saber Counter Strike: Global Offensive Diablo 3 Dota 2 Fortnite Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Leauge of Legends Magic the Gathering:Arena Osu! PlayerUnkown's Battlegrounds Rocket League Starcraft 2
The Cal Esports Community Center is home to all gamers at UC Berkeley. It is equipped with 55 high-end gaming PCs, a Twitch Broadcast Center, Player’s Lounge, and other amenities.
- Facility Capabilities
Open Play Gaming Area: Main event and gaming space for students to play, compete, and socialize. The official Cal Esports teams practice here, along with many gaming clubs and special events utilizing the space.
Player’s Lounge: Casual activity area designed for viewing live gaming streams and media using both Cal Esports SMART TVs. They can also be used for live event streams or console play during specific events.
Broadcast Center: Main broadcasting hub for all official Cal Esports matches and events. It is also reservable for students, please see Reservations for more information.
- PC Hardware and SoftwareAll 55 NVIDIA gaming PCs are equipped with top-of-the-line mice, headsets, keyboards, and chairs sponsored by CORSAIR.
NVIDIA: Intel Core i7-8700, MSI Z370, GeForce GTX 1080 TI, Corsair 16GB DDR4, Acer XB252Q
CORSAIR: M65 PRO RGB, K70 Cherry MX, T1 Race, MM300, Void PRO RGB
- Virtual RealityNew Oculus Rift S and Oculus Quest headsets are available to play the latest Virtual reality games with, including Beat Saber. Headsets can be used for events booked with us.
Reservations are available for Registered Student Organizations, student groups, and the Berkeley community to reserve the Cal Esports Community Center for all types of gaming events. If you are interested in reserving the Center, please email Cal Esports
The Cal Esports Community Center is located adjacent to the Foothill Dining Commons to the right of the staircase leading to the Foothill Front Desk. The Cal Esports Community Center consists of a main floor equipped with gaming PC’s, sound system, lounge, and two SMART TVs.
Connected to the main floor are two rooms, the multi-purpose Coaching Room and the Broadcast Center, equipped with professional video production and streaming hardware.
- Group Reservation PricingRegistered Student Groups: No group fee. All attendees must be Cal Esports Members or purchase a day pass.
Non-Registered Student Groups: Minimum of four (4) hours and ten (10) stations for $200. Scalable rate for additional stations and hours.
Community Groups / Non-Student Pricing: Minimum of four (4) hours and ten (10) stations for $250. Scalable rate for additional stations and hours.
- Reserving Space - Availability, Steps to Reserve, NotificationSteps to Reserve:
1. Review the Cal Esports Facility Reservation Policy for guidelines and regulations about the facility.
2. Submit a Cal Esports Community Center Event Reservation Form at least two weeks prior to the proposed date of the event
3. After submission of the Reservation Form, a reply will be sent to you within 48 hours from Cal Esports. All portions of the Reservation Form must be filled out or the request will be denied.
4. Fill out appropriate waivers and paperwork for submission. Onsite waivers will be available for attendees as needed.
After submission of the Reservation Form, a reply will be sent to you within 48 hours from Cal Esports. All portions of the Reservation Form must be filled out or the request will be denied.
- AvailabilityThe Cal Esports Community Center is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. When there are conflicting requests, reservations are accepted in the following order of priority:
1. Cal Esports events
2. Campus events sponsored by Cal Esports
3. Campus events not sponsored by Cal Esports
4. Community events sponsored by Registered Student Organizations
5. Community events sponsored by non-RSO student groups
6. Events sponsored by groups not affiliated to the University
- Requirements - Non-RSO Student MembersThe following is required prior to hosting an event.
Proof of Insurance – may be required for special events
Rental Agreement – required for all size of events
Activity Waiver – Required for all attendees
Transportation and Parking
- Bear Walk EscortEvery day, Dusk – 3:00 AM BearWalk is a largely student-run operation, but it is part of the University Police (UCPD). Dispatchers working behind the scenes and the walkers who show up to get you there are Community Service Officers, known as CSOs. They use RideCell software to dispatch requests and determine the estimated arrival time of your Bear Walk escort with wait times generally less than 15 minutes.
- Night Safety ShuttleEvery day, 7:30 PM – 2:30 AM The Night Safety Shuttle service is an extension of the Bear Transit daytime service, and provides safe nighttime transit to and from the campus. Bear Transit Night Safety Shuttles are free to all and operate year-round*. From 7:30pm to 3am shuttles run on one of two set routes between campus, BART, Clark Kerr Campus and residence halls.
- Door-to-Door ServiceEvery day, 3:00 AM – 5:30 AM Door-to-Door Services are free and must be booked. To book your shuttle pickup, call (510) 642-9255 or visit the BearWalk.berkeley.eduwebsite. A shuttle will be dispatched to your location within the pickup area and will drop you almost anywhere within the drop off service area boundaries.