Whether you’re looking for a place to swim laps, take a class, or just swim for fun, we have a pool for that. Rec Sports has four pools around campus for instructional swim classes, group exercise classes, and open recreational swim. With a wide variety of pools, activities, and hours, we’ve got the swim options you’re looking for.
6 Lanes, 25 yard length, 79-80 F temp. Shallow end is 3.5 feet deep and the deep end is 10 feet in depth. Open recreation lap swim only. Amenities include locker rooms, hot showers, lockers (bring your own lock), swim suit spinners, and kick-boards. No wheelchair access or towel service. Kids 13 and above can swim at GBRC as long as they swim laps.
Hearst Gym has three pools, one of which (the North Pool) is open for lap swimming. The two smaller pools (the East and West Pools) are open for instructional classes only. Amenities include locker rooms, hot showers, day locks, swim suit spinners, kick-boards, pool lift, wheelchair access, and towel service.
18 Lanes, 25 yards, 79-80 degrees F. Spieker is used for lap swimming, team practice, swim meets and water polo matches. Amenities include locker rooms, hot showers, day locks, swim suit spinners, kick-boards, a pool lift for those needing assistance getting into the pool, wheelchair access to locker rooms, and towel service.
3 Lanes, 25 yard length, 80-81 F temp. Three lanes dedicated to lap swimming – the rest is for play. Amenities include locker rooms, hot showers, day locks (bring your own lock), swim suit spinners, kickboards, and a pool lift for those needing assistance getting into pool, and wheelchair access to the locker rooms. No towel service.
- NO swimming unless there is a lifeguard on duty.
- NO diving entries allowed.
- NO eating, drinking, or smoking allowed on the pool deck.
- NO glass containers on pool deck.
- NO running, roughhousing, or unsafe behavior allowed on pool deck or in water.
- NO bikes, animals, rollerblades or skateboards (Exception: Service animals).
- NO children under 12 allowed in the swimming pool area.
- Abusive or profane language will not be tolerated.
- No one will be permitted in the lifeguard chair(s) except the lifeguard.
- Pool personnel are not responsible for any personal items brought onto the pool deck.
- Lifeguards have full authority over patrons using the pool area and may enforce rules not listed as situations warrant.
- 15 minute swim breaks will be called by the lifeguard during high use periods.
- Swim Attire
- Proper swim attire must be worn at all times (State of California Health Code).
- Bathing caps are recommended and may be required in the future.
- Caps are required at Spieker & Hearst Pools for hair exceeding shoulder length.
- Showers are recommended before entering the pool.
- Golden Bear Pool Policies
- Circle swim counterclockwise when 2 or more swimmers are sharing a lane.
- Please observe lap swim etiquette and follow lane speed marker signs.
- Swimmers should pass only at the wall.
- If constantly passed, please move to a slower lane. If constantly passing others, please move to a faster lane.
- While resting at the wall, make room for other swimmers to turn.
- NO hand paddles.
- Hearst Pool Policies
- Swim tickets required to use the pool. Hand ticket to the lifeguard upon entrance.
- Please follow FAST/MED FAST/MED/SLOW speed markers on deck.
- Circle swimming only.
- Circle swim counter-clockwise in lanes designated for lap swimming.
- Move to the appropriate lane if constantly being passed or passing swimmers; faster swimmers should tap the foot of the swimmer they wish to pass; at the end of the lap, the slower swimmer should pause to allow the other to pass.
- Strawberry Canyon Pool Policies
- A plastic diaper holder must cover cloth and disposable diapers.
- Swim diapers are required for children who are not toilet trained.
- Topless sunbathing and “thong” bathing suits are not allowed in the facility.
Children and Swim Toys
- Each non-swimmer must be accompanied in the pool by an adult within arms length at all times. Note: One adult per non-swimmer.
- Swimmers who have questionable swimming skills will be asked to take the SWIM TEST.
- FLOTATION DEVICES are restricted to the shallow area of the pool. Children wearing flotation devices must be accompanied in the water by an adult at all times and within arms length.
- Toys and swim equipment will be restricted at the discretion of the lifeguard based on safety concerns.
- NO squirt guns or hard balls (tennis balls, etc) allowed in the pool and facility.
- RAFTS are restricted based on the number of swimmers in the pool.
- SCRA kickboards are for lap swim or instructional use only.