How to Join
Purchase a Cal Aquatic Masters Swimming Membership
Price: Students – $45 per month / Non-Students – $75 per month
New and Current Members
Use our online store to start or renew your membership dues. Annual, semi-annual, and monthly payment plans are available. You must agree to the electronic Waiver of Liability in the online store registration process.
Purchase a USMS membership
If you wish to swim competitively with Cal Aquatic Masters, you must register as a member with United States Masters Swimming. To register:
- Visit the USMS registration page
- Click “Join USMS or Renew Your Membership”
- Follow the registration steps and pay the $44 membership dues
When registering, USMS will ask which team you wish to be affiliated with. Make sure you select “Cal Aquatic Masters (CALM)” as your affiliation.
There are three different payment plans available for the Cal Aquatic Masters swim team. Dues vary based on status as a student or a non-student. Members are responsible for submitting payments based on their designated billing plan. Payments are based on calendar month and automatic monthly credit card deduction is available. If you choose not to register for the automatic credit card deduction plan, advance payment is required. To pay by cash or check for annual or semester dues please come in-person to the Rec Sports Customer Service Center at 2301 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA.
|Payment Plan||Cal Student||Non-students||Register|
Want to participate in our Masters Long Course Sunday Drop-Ins? Come join the Cal Aquatic Masters team for a 50 meter long course training session. Everyone is welcome. Lanes are divided by pace. To register today, click here.
Important to Note
- Reactivation is $25. One fee-waived reactivation per swimmer per calendar year.
- Two-month minimum commitment.
- Late fees of $10 will be assessed for payments paid after the due date.
- Proof of current U.S. Masters Association membership is required.
- UCB Students must maintain an active Rec Sports membership to qualify for CALM student rate of $45 a month.
- If you do not also buy a Rec Sports membership, you will not have access to the facilities outside the scheduled workout time.
CALM workouts are structured to challenge each and every swimmer, from the recreational intermediate, to the serious competitor. No matter what swim level or experience, CALM’s knowledgeable coaches and friendly, but competitive swimmers will push anyone to the next level of performance.
During practice, lanes are divided by interval speed. A swimmer in each interval lane should be able to hold a pace of 10 X 100 yard free on the lane interval. We have 6 lanes divided by interval speed ranging from 1:15-2:00 min.
CALM practices average an attendance of 15-20 swimmers. 3-4 lane mates will encourage and motivate any swimmer through the most challenging of workouts.