In-person programs and services available
Please note that we may have limited or changed hours of operations for our facilities during this transition period. We are currently providing programs and services to UC Berkeley students and UC Berkeley faculty, staff, retirees, and emeriti with the purchase of a membership.
Recreational Sports Facility
Hours of operation. Weight room crowd meter, Group exercise classes. Racquet Courts are available on a reservation-only basis. Open Rec Badminton, Basketball, and Volleyball are available; bring your own equipment!
Memorial Stadium Fitness Center
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 2:00 – 8:00 pm
Lap swim access only.
Golden Bear Recreation Center (GBRC) Pool
Lap swim access only.
Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area (SCRA) Pool
Strawberry Canyon Pool is open Mon-Sun 12pm-6pm. Holiday Hours (Monday September 5th): 11am-6pm. POOL CLOSED due to holiday road closure Monday, July 4th.
Day passes can be purchased in person at the Strawberry Canyon cashier booth.
Beginning 6/6, locker rooms and showers will be closed to community members from 1pm-2pm Mon-Fri.
UC Aquatics Center at the Berkeley Marina
The UC Aquatic Center and Boating Programs will open on March 18th, 2022 for students and faculty/staff. Initially, there will be Kayaking and Windsurfing Classes and Kayak and Paddleboard Rentals (sign-up for rentals available 5 days prior to start time.) ***The will be no rentals available Apr 23rd-24th, May 7th-8th, and May 21st-22nd due to unfavorable tidal conditions***
Golden Bear Tennis Courts (located on the Clark Kerr Campus)
Golden Bear Tennis Courts are temporarily closed for renovations.
Current campus access requirements can be found here. Current campus masking requirements can be found here. Proof of vaccination will continue to be checked at our Golden Bear Rec Center for any individuals entering the lower gym corridor over the age of 5. We are continuing to require vaccine checks at this facility, since it hosts programming with children under 5 years old (who are not yet vaccine eligible).
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Relying on guidance from The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), City of Berkeley Public Health, and UC Berkeley, we continue to adapt to health protocols and best practices, including:
- Increased cleaning protocols
- Masks are strongly recommended required while indoors and required if not vaccinated for the flu
- Personal water bottle use
- Respecting personal space
- Increased hand-washing and cleaning stations
Additional Requirements and Policies
- We ask individuals to respect the physical space of others and be respectful of all equipment, patrons, and staff.
- Complimentary day lockers are available and storage lockers are available for purchase. Learn more about locker offerings. No bags/personal items are allowed into the workout spaces. Rec Sports is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Towels are not available. Bring your own workout towel.
- Personal water bottles are recommended. Water must be in a spill-proof, unbreakable, re-sealable container.
- No in-and-out privileges for lap swim. No re-entry upon exit.
- Any participant displaying symptoms of illness may be asked to leave the facility.
- Failure to comply with policies and guidelines, facility signage, and staff instruction may result in removal from a facility, a membership suspension, or membership revocation.
Is Rec Sports reopening its facilities to non-UC Berkeley affiliated community members?
Beginning June 1, 2022, we are excited to welcome back members of the broader community to purchase the following: day passes at the Golden Bear Rec Center (GBRC) and Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area (SCRA) Pools, personal training sessions, instructional fitness classes, and Cal Adventures equipment rentals. We’ve missed you, and are excited to have you back!
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.