This experiential camp gives kids the opportunity to observe, examine, and analyze a variety of Bay Area ecosystems – both on the water and on terra firma.
Camps 2019 – We can’t wait for you to join us for camps this upcoming summer. We are working to prepare another summer full of fun, friends and adventure. Please check back in December for details on summer 2019 or join our mailing list to stay connected.
About This Camp
An exciting new camp focused on developing outdoor adventure skills. Learn basic survival skills and local wildlife identification, climb our ropes course, paddle the Bay, and more! Activities may vary week to week.
Ages & Eligibility
Campers must be Ages 9-12 (by December 1, 2019) in order to register for this camp.
Location: UC Berkeley Marina – 124 University Ave Berkeley, CA 94720
- Paddle South Sailing Basin & explore shoreline ecosystems
- Outdoor skills: Fire building, water filtration, orienteering (letterboxing/geocaching), Leave No Trace, rule of 3’s, map/chart reading, outdoor cooking, Animal track prints & identification, Animal survival / camouflage
- Tidepooling during low tide weeks
- Shelter building / sandcastles
- And More!
Each participant must arrive at camp with:
- Backpack (labeled with name) for ease of carrying gear around town
- Shoes or sandals that can be worn in the water (such as: Tevas, Keens, or Crocs. No flip-flops please)
- Closed toed shoes that can be worn for active play
- Comfortable pants or shorts
- Sweater, sweatshirt, or jacket
- One-Liter Water bottle
- Swimsuit & Towel & Hat
- Bagged lunch with drinks