Click below to reveal additional details for the upcoming changes to Rec Sports membership rates for Fall 2018.
Membership for non-student Rec Sports memberships will modestly increase. A few important notes:
- If your membership contract is paid on an annual basis and your current contract extends beyond September 1, 2018, you will not be assessed the new rates until your existing contract expires.
- If your contract is on a monthly recurring billing or payroll deduction, you will be assessed the new rate effective October 1, 2018.
We are committed to the continued upkeep and improvement of our facilities and services. Decreasing campus-funding and rising operational costs require that we modestly increase membership rates across core categories. For details on the Rec Sports budget and funding sources, please see below.
Effective September 1, 2018 (assessed on October 1, 2018 for recurring billing & payroll deduction members) rates will be as follows:
|Type||Annual||Semester||Monthly Installments||Associated Students||$210||N/A||N/A|
|Faculty & Staff||$575||$290||$52|
If you wish to continue your Rec Sports membership, noting these increases, no further action is necessary on your part.
Student fees are also increasing by roughly four percent. However, those higher fees aren’t “up front” costs, but are sourced from student fees (approved by student referendums), so students will not see additional charges in their Rec Sports billing.
Our continuing upgrades to our facility spaces and locker rooms have enhanced and increased the member experience, and these increases will help us continue to improve Rec Sports for years to come. Rec Sports continues to provide a high-quality experience and benefits, with multiple convenient locations and pool facilities at one great price value to the UC Berkeley community, and we are proud to have you as a member.
Specific improvements to note include:
- New weight room equipment.
- A new fitness training studio designed to provide expanded training opportunities for our members.
- Universal locker room: In Fall 2018, in response to student and community demand, we are implementing universal (gender-neutral) locker room area.
- We are working to enhance/improve our facilities overall.