We are the in-house marketing & communications unit for the Department of Recreational Sports that specializes in helping brands connect with Cal students at UC Berkeley, the #1 ranked public University in the world. Our sponsorship program has produced a winning formula for both local and Fortune 500 companies to directly market their goods and services responsibly while meeting specific business objectives.
As a department, we are tasked with telling the story of Recreational Sports to students, community members, and faculty/staff members alike via several channels: websites, email, social media, video, photos, events, and more.
Marketing & Communications Intern
The Communications team is tasked with providing both our members and the campus community with information about our programs and activities. We do this via several channels: websites, email, social media, video, photos, events, and more.
- Assist with Marketing Events and Project Coordination
- Provide general administrative support for the Marketing and Business Development staff
- Assist with coordination of Department of Recreational Sports Social Media
- Assist with the Preparation of Departmental Communications
Graphic Design Intern
The purpose of the Graphic Design Intern is to assist the Marketing & Communications team in promoting the Department of Recreational Sports and its unit areas through the design and production of related marketing materials.
- Design and produce various print and publication media, including flyers, posters, brochures, signage, under the direction of the Communications Manager & Coordinator and consistent with department style guidelines
- Design graphics for digital media (website, emails, etc.) using various programs within the Adobe Suite
- Develop and design creative solutions
- Perform various administrative functions including copying, printing, laminating, etc.
- Become adept at the breadth and diversity of the Dept. of Recreational Sports’ programs and offerings.
Please contact Communications & Outreach Coordinator, Chrissy Galli (email@example.com) for all Marketing & Communications employment questions.