- Ph.D. Environmental Science, Policy, and Management, University of California, Berkeley
- M.S. Conservation Biology, San Francisco State University
- B.A. Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED
- Virtual Coaching Specialist
- Certificate of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Pure Strength
- Individual Strength Training
- Small Group Strength Training
- Environmental Change Genetics
- Introduction to Culture and Natural Resource Management
- Human Biology
- Animals, People, and the Environment
- Organismal Biology
Maria has extensive experience in the sciences and teaching. She is coming into training after an academic career. She has taught many college-level biology courses in schools around the Bay Area. This knowledge helped fuel her interest in the human body, in particular movement and using exercise as medicine.
Maria has vast experience in swimming, weight training, yoga, and mobility. She also was an avid rock climber and used to play capoeira. Ask her about any of these things, she loves answering questions and helping people.
Maria places emphasis on using her knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and biological processes to help clients correct muscle imbalances and experience less pain in their daily lives. She believes that exercise should be enjoyable and also challenging. She feels when done correctly, exercise should make a person feel invigorated and refreshed and not worn out and exhausted.