Recreational Sports offers many health and fitness opportunities for UC Berkeley staff, faculty, and their families, including award-winning Cal Youth Camps held in convenient campus locations.
Summer camps provide kids with a season full of adventure, friendship, confidence building, and a warm welcome to the Golden Bear community.
Options to suit your family’s needs.
We offer lunch service and extended care options for campers. Everything you need to make your daily routine easier in the summer—bring your child to work with you, without having to keep your child at your side all day. Here’s a peek at what a young camper’s day could look like: Sample Day at Camp.
Affordable and flexible summer camps are open to all, and include a wide range of academic and physical programs. Review camps by age and activity to see the full range of opportunities that include the following activities and more:
- Activity-based camps: Archery, gymnastics, kayaking, martial arts, rock climbing, skateboarding, windsurfing
- Blue Camp: Sports, arts, crafts, and more
- Explorer Camp: Sports, art, music, gardening, swimming lessons, and more
- Science Adventures: Experiential science on land and in water
- Science & Sports (S2): Spend half the day at the Lawrence Hall of Science and half the day playing outdoor activities
- Leadership Programs
All around town
Our camps are located in a variety of unique Berkeley locations, so you can choose an activity and location that works for your commute. For instance, Cal Adventures camps start and end at the UC Aquatic Center at the Berkeley Marina. Science and Sports (S2) Camp is hosted at the Lawrence Hall of Science, Strawberry Canyon Recreation Center, and Golden Bear Recreation Center. Check out the options to see what could be the best fit for your family.