The primary responsibility of the Program Assistant is to provide assistance for the Cal Youth & Outdoor Program Camp Coordinators and Director. The Program Assistant reports directly to the Youth Program Director. All applicants must have sensory abilities, e.g. hearing and sight, necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Pay Rate: $14-16 per hour
Click on a below to reveal more information
- Program Instruction (55%)
- Assist with camp projects: special events, class preparations, and program operations.
- Provide assistance to the Coordinators, Staff Coordinator, and Youth Program Director.
- Supervise children as required.
- Substitute as needed for group leaders and instructors.
- Refer program and administrative questions to appropriate supervisor and provide follow-through as needed.
- Maintain a positive attitude while working, help wherever needed, work well with co-workers
- Administrative (40%)
- Monitor and maintain a professional, neat, and organized camp office.
- Prepare, maintain, and process all forms and paperwork accurately and promptly (rosters, attendance, time sheets, personnel documents, etc.).
- Demonstrate professionalism and excellent customer service in all interactions (in-person, phone, and computer) with parents, staff, and campers. Assist and direct parents: answer questions, disseminate CYOP program information, assist with late check-in and early check-out.
- Manage office supplies. Inventory, secure, and notify supervisor of supplies needed.
- Other (5%)
- Demonstrate responsibility in regard to work schedule, meetings & trainings
- Follow and implement CYOP and University policies and procedures including wearing camp uniform.
- Display appropriate behavior (action and language) around campers, parents, and staff.
- Demonstrate good judgment.
- Maintain Red Cross First Aid, AED/CPR (child and adult) certifications
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Complete and submit paperwork accurately (timesheets, certifications, staff forms, etc.)
- Accept feedback and makes necessary corrections.
addCurrent American Red Cross (or equivalent) certifications in Standard First Aid & CPR (youth, adult) and including AED is strongly recommended for all staff.
- Physical, Environmental, & Mental Demands
addPlease download and read the PEM_GroupLeader form. This form will fully explain the demands of the job you are applying for. If you have any questions after reading the form, please feel free to contact us.