Under the direct supervision of the Cal Youth Programs Director, the Camp Coordinator oversees all on-location aspects of the camp, including the camp program and staff, customer service, and risk management. Applicants for Camp Coordinator & Assistant Camp Coordinator positions must have experience teaching or working with children. They must demonstrate effective successful interpersonal and communication skills. Applicants must be well organized, able to set priorities, take direction, and multitask in a fast-paced environment. Applicants must also have the sensory abilities (e.g. hearing, seeing) necessary to perform the duties of the position required.
Pay Rate: $15-16 per hour
Click on a below to reveal more information
- Supervision (35%)
- Supervise and evaluate staff working in specified program. Provide direction and corrective feedback if necessary.
- Organize, implement, and document training program including bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Ensure staff are following stated policies and procedures and providing a safe, fun, and educational skills-based experience for the campers.
- As directed by supervisor, schedule staff and secure substitutes for all elements of the program.
- Administrative (30%)
- Prepare, maintain, and process all forms and paperwork accurately and promptly (rosters, accident reports, timesheets, equipment, staff paperwork, etc.).
- Develop and maintain process for quality control and risk assessment in programs. Provide a comprehensive end-of-camp report including assessment, recommendations, inventories, etc.
- Communicate and work closely with supervisor on all aspects of customer service, paperwork, facility, program development, and staff.
- Work within specified budget and keep supervisor informed as to progress.
- Programmatic (30%)
- Supervise, organize, and document camp schedule, including: attendance, activity rotations, check-in, and release of campers.
- Organize and run parent orientations. Promote theme days or group traditions to help campers and staff feel united as a group and add enjoyment to the camp.
- Resolve camper disciplinary problems as directed by policy and procedures.
- Administer first aid as needed and in accordance with set procedures.
- Evaluate existing programs and logistics on an ongoing basis and develop methods to improve program and service delivery.
- Ensure staff have safe and appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Develop and manage a system to return lost and found.
- Other (5%)
- Display appropriate behavior (action and language) around campers, parents, and staff.
- Follows all camp policies and procedures including wearing camp uniform and following agreed upon work schedule.
- Demonstrate good judgment and respect.
- Maintain Red Cross First Aid/ AED/CPR certifications
- Fill in for staff as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as requested by supervisor.
- CertificationsCurrent American Red Cross (or equivalent) certifications in Standard First Aid & CPR (youth, adult) and including AED is strongly recommended for all staff.
- Physical, Environmental, & Mental DemandsPlease download and read the PEM_GroupLeader form. This form will fully explain the demands of the job you are applying for. If you have any questions after reading the form, please feel free to contact us.