Under the direct supervision of the Aquatics Director and the Cal Youth Programs Director, the Aquatics Coordinator oversees the Cal Youth Programs swimming lessons: Group Lessons, Private Lessons, Camp Lessons, and Advanced Aquatic Lessons. Applicants must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills. Aquatics Coordinators must be well-organized, be able to set priorities, take direction, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Applicants must also have the sensory abilities (e.g. hearing, seeing) necessary to perform the duties of the position required. Experience supervising swim instructors, swimming lessons, & aquatics facilities is preferred.
Pay Rate: $15-17 per hour
Click below to reveal more information.
- Supervise and evaluate swim staff working in specified program. Provide written evaluations on all staff.
- Organize, implement, and document training program including bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Assist Director to ensure staff have current required certifications and provide trainings as needed.
- As directed by supervisor, schedule staff and secure substitutes for swim lesson programs.
- Ensure staff are following stated CYOP policies and procedures and providing safe, fun swim lessons. Provide corrective feedback and discipline if necessary.
- Provide general supervision (including in locker room) and downtime activities for all campers in his/her care
- Account for all campers, take attendance regularly, and follow check-in/out procedures
- Walk children safely between locations and on water/bathroom breaks
- Assist campers with belongings, lost and found, sunscreen/water, trash pick-up, etc.
- Resolve disciplinary problems appropriately, complete Incident Reports as needed
- Demonstrate good judgment
- Prepare for swim lesson programs (i.e. facilities, equipment, rosters, lifeguard). Provide on-deck supervision.
- Supervise, organize, and execute swim lessons, including: assigning children to levels, staffing assignments, parent orientation & check-in. Manage locker room swim changes with Camp Coordinator.
- Establish regular and open communication with on-site Camp Coordinators, CYOP Directors, Weekend Supervisor, etc.
- Administer first aid as needed and in accordance with set procedures.
- Evaluate existing programs and logistics on an ongoing basis and develop methods to improve program and service delivery.
- Ensure staff have safe and appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Develop and manage a system to return lost and found.
- Displays appropriate behavior (action and language) around participants, campers, parents, and staff.
- Follows all policies and procedures including wearing camp uniform and following agreed upon work schedule.
- Demonstrates good judgment.
- Maintains current certifications: LGT, CPR/FPR.
- Fills in for Strawberry Canyon staff or receptionists as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as requested by supervisor.