Under the direct supervision of the Aquatics Director and the Cal Youth Programs Director, the Aquatics Coordinator oversees the Cal Youth Programs swimming lessons: Group Lessons, Private Lessons, Camp Lessons, and Advanced Aquatic Lessons. Applicants must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills. Aquatics Coordinators must be well-organized, be able to set priorities, take direction, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Applicants must also have the sensory abilities (e.g. hearing, seeing) necessary to perform the duties of the position required. Experience supervising swim instructors, swimming lessons, & aquatics facilities is preferred.
Pay Rate: $15-17 per hour
Click below to reveal more information.
- Supervision (35%)
- Supervise and evaluate swim staff working in specified program. Provide written evaluations on all staff.
- Organize, implement, and document training program including bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Assist Director to ensure staff have current required certifications and provide trainings as needed.
- As directed by supervisor, schedule staff and secure substitutes for swim lesson programs.
- Ensure staff are following stated CYOP policies and procedures and providing safe, fun swim lessons. Provide corrective feedback and discipline if necessary.
- Administrative (30%)
- Provide general supervision (including in locker room) and downtime activities for all campers in his/her care
- Account for all campers, take attendance regularly, and follow check-in/out procedures
- Walk children safely between locations and on water/bathroom breaks
- Assist campers with belongings, lost and found, sunscreen/water, trash pick-up, etc.
- Resolve disciplinary problems appropriately, complete Incident Reports as needed
- Demonstrate good judgment
- Programmatic (30%)
- Prepare for swim lesson programs (i.e. facilities, equipment, rosters, lifeguard). Provide on-deck supervision.
- Supervise, organize, and execute swim lessons, including: assigning children to levels, staffing assignments, parent orientation & check-in. Manage locker room swim changes with Camp Coordinator.
- Establish regular and open communication with on-site Camp Coordinators, CYOP Directors, Weekend Supervisor, etc.
- Administer first aid as needed and in accordance with set procedures.
- Evaluate existing programs and logistics on an ongoing basis and develop methods to improve program and service delivery.
- Ensure staff have safe and appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Develop and manage a system to return lost and found.
- Other (5%)
- Displays appropriate behavior (action and language) around participants, campers, parents, and staff.
- Follows all policies and procedures including wearing camp uniform and following agreed upon work schedule.
- Demonstrates good judgment.
- Maintains current certifications: LGT, CPR/FPR.
- Fills in for Strawberry Canyon staff or receptionists as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as requested by supervisor.
addCurrent American Red Cross (or equivalent) certifications in Standard First Aid & CPR (youth, adult) and including AED is strongly recommended for all staff.
- Physical, Environmental, & Mental Demands
addPlease download and read the PEM_GroupLeader form. This form will fully explain the demands of the job you are applying for. If you have any questions after reading the form, please feel free to contact us.