Youth Camp Instructors
The University of California Martial Arts Program is hiring staff for its annual summer camp. We are looking for instructors and assistant instructors who can teach children the wonderful skills and life lessons of martial arts. In addition, we aim to provide students with the basic fundamentals of martial arts in order for them to build confidence and have the ability to defend themselves should the situation ever arise.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides advanced or specialized Martial Arts instruction to program participants, individually or in groups.
- May provide guidance and instruction to other program instructors on best practices, procedures, methods and techniques on program activities.
- Interacts with recreational program participants in a positive manner. Maintains a supportive environment for program participants and facilitates involvement.
- Keeps current on teaching methods, techniques and skills through continuing education. Participates in required professional development activities.
Has advanced knowledge of Martial Arts program activity.
- Position requires work leadership and interpersonal skills for those in a lead capacity, and the ability to work effectively across the organization, internally and externally.
- Service orientation, program management, sound judgment and decision-making, critical thinking, develop original ideas, creative problem solving skills in a varied and challenging environment.
- Must be able to work effectively, across all organization levels, internally and externally.
- Client service minded, entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking.
- Must have highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of campus policies and procedures.
- Previous experience with Martial Arts programs.
- Must be able to successfully pass FBI and DOJ Criminal Check.
- Previous experience working with age level specific to an activity is required.
High school diploma or equivalent certification preferred.
Licenses or certifications, if any:
- Certification to instruct in the applicable recreational sports program or equivalent experience required. Red Cross CPR preferred. Standard First Aid Training Certification preferred.
Hours will be flexible and formed around your availability. Camp will begin on June 7th and end on July 30th. Our pay rate is $17-25 per hour depending on your experience.
2021 Main staff application: https://forms.gle/jZo7pGhnYz5JqbXd6
2021 Supplementary application: https://forms.gle/EaiD4UipoTjkbd7T9
We will notify you after the main application has been completed for the next steps.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our camp coordinator Brandon Peav at firstname.lastname@example.org.