Spieker Pool and Golden Bear Pool will open for lap swimming to UC Berkeley students and essential faculty and staff only. Registered UCB students will have access beginning Tuesday, September 8. Faculty and staff with access to campus as Essential Workers can reserve a lane starting September 21.
Lap swimmers and aquacizers (no instructor present, pool depth is 7 feet) must have a reservation. Reservations are available one week in advance. Drop-in use is not available. Each reservation is $8 for campus essential workers. Registered UC Berkeley students are free.
Student lanes are limited. Students may schedule one session per day and no more than three sessions per week (Sunday-Saturday).
Individuals unable to provide proof of clearance will be denied access and your payment credited to your online reservation account.
To reserve a lane:
- See a listing of available days/times on our Pool Special Service page.
All Sales are final. Credit will be issued should the pool unexpectedly close. Refunds will not be provided for cancellations of your reservation.
Rec Sports staff reserve the right to relocate swimmers at any time. No refunds will be issued for being asked to relocate lanes due to programming.
To cancel a reservation:
- Log on to your account at shop.rs.berkeley.edu.
- Click on your username (or UID) in the upper right.
- Click profile.
- In your profile, click on Programs>Registrations.
- Find your reservation and click CANCEL.
- Students who plan to no show must cancel in advance to avoid future restrictions.
If you require assistance to cancel a reservation, please contact the Customer Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules and Regulations
Due to COVID-19 requirements, swimmers must adhere to specific pool use rules and policies when using the facilities:
- Swim times are limited to 45 minutes per session. One swimmer per lap lane.
- Swimmers must wear a face covering when in the facility and not in the water.
- Physical distancing must be observed at all times.
- Changing clothes on deck is not allowed. We encourage swimmers to shower prior to arrival.
- Swimmers must arrive dressed ready to swim.
- Locker rooms and showers are not available. One toilet and sink are available adjacent to the pool.
- Equipment cannot be shared. Swimmers must bring their own towels and accessories.
- Any items left behind (water bottles, equipment, personal items, etc.) will be discarded at the end of each swim hour.
- Pool deck space, lawn space, bleachers, and benches are not available for sunbathing or gathering for any reason.
- All swimmers must follow the direction of Rec Sports staff at all times.
- Rec Sports staff reserve the right to relocate swimmers at any time.
- All students are expected to sign the Keep Berkeley Healthy Pledge in CalCentral.
- All students, faculty, and staff are required to complete a daily symptom screener (available through Cal Central, the campus coronavirus site, or UC Berkeley Mobile App via iOS or Android) before entering campus.
Accessibility and Accommodations
Students who need an accessible pool, please make a reservation at Spieker Pool. For additional accommodations, please contact the Customer Service Center at email@example.com.