Free Agents are players that would like to join an IM Sports team but don’t have enough players to form their own team. To sign up as a Free Agent, you must follow the steps below.
Activate your RSF Membership
You need an RSF membership to play IM Sports. As a result of students voting to pass the Wellness Referendum in April 2015, all current and registered Fall semester Cal students are eligible for Fall IM Sports leagues but must first activate their membership prior to registering for IM Sports leagues. Your registration may be activated via the button below. Your status with the Registrar’s Office must be current.
Non-students must purchase a membership to be eligible for IM Sports.
Pay the Free Agent Fees
Beginning January 25, if you’ve chosen to sign up as a Free Agent, you’ll need to pay the $25 Free Agent fee at the Rec Sports Online Store. Once in the store, find the sport, day, and time that best fits your interest and schedule.
After paying the Free Agent fee, IM Sports will add you to a Free Agent team roster in Sportifik within a few days. You do not need to sign up as a Free Agent in Sportifik. Paying the fees will get you invited to the Free Agent team within a few days.
Set up an Account in Sportifik: The IM Sports Online Portal
Use the Sportifik system to create an account after you have paid the team fee. Sportifik is where you can track your new team’s schedule and standings. You can also interact with your team via the team message board. A few days after paying the Free Agent fee your team info will appear on the site after logging in.
You do not have to sign up as a Free Agent in Sportifik – IM Sports will invite you to join the FREE AGENTS team a few days after paying the fee at the Rec Sports Online Store.
Important Note on Multi-team Enrollment
The Free Agent program is designed to accommodate individuals who are not already on a roster in the same sport. The fee covers placement on an IM Sports team roster and is non-refundable.
If a Free Agent later finds a different team or otherwise opts not to participate with the Free Agent team, no refund is issued. Sportifik blocks multi-team enrollment within the same sport – do not register as a Free Agent in the same sport if you are already on a roster.
Additionally, the Free Agent program is not intended to accommodate teams that are waitlisted or otherwise did not make it into the division of choice. Participants who abuse the Free Agent program will be banned from participation.
- Activate your Cal Rec Club membership to sign up for IM Sports.
- Create an account at Sportifik
- Review Free Agent schedules at Sportifik
- Search for teams named “FREE AGENTS” within the schedules. These are the only teams accepting Free Agents.
- Do not create a team in Sportifik unless you wish to create a full team of your own.
- Once you’ve decided on a sport, day, and time (not all sports have Free Agent teams), visit the Cal Rec Sports Online Store and pay the Free Agent fee for the sport of your choice.
- The Free Agent fee is $25 per Free Agent per team.
- Items in the store are clearly labeled as Free Agent items: IM FREE AGENT + (SPORT) + (GENDER). If an item does not have a gender, it is open to all.
- Once you pay for your Free Agent spot, we will invite you to join the FREE AGENTS team within a few days.
- You do not have to sign up as a Free Agent in Sportifik. We will invite you to join the Free Agent team you have paid for.
- Login to Sportifik
- Click on Free Agents tab at top of page
- The Free Agent list will start populating during the 3rd week of the season
- Prior to the 3rd week, you can turn on the “Players Wanted” button on your team page
- From the Free Agent database, you can directly invite Free Agents to join your team