CAL AQUATIC MASTERS SPRING SHORT COURSE MEET
- Date: Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Sanctioned by Pacific Masters Swimming, Inc. for USMS, Inc.
- Location: Spieker Aquatics Complex, 2301 Bancroft Way, UC Berkeley 94720
- Parking: Please allow extra time for parking. Limited hourly indoor parking is available in the garage at Bancroft Way @ Ellsworth. One- and two-hour limited metered parking is available on neighboring streets. Parking is not allowed in the church parking lot across the street from the pool, cars will be towed.
The Spieker Aquatics Complex is located on Bancroft Way, between Dana St. and Ellsworth St. It is accessible only via the Recreational Sports Facility.
From I-80 East or West, take University Ave. exit and head east. Continue on University Ave. until you reach Oxford Street. Take a right on Oxford, go past Bancroft Way (one way street), and take the next left onto Durant Avenue. Take another left on Ellsworth, cross Bancroft Way, and drive directly into the covered parking facility. Metered parking and free weekend permit parking available on neighboring streets.
Outdoor, 25-yard, 20-lane pool. Eight lanes will be used for competition and ten lanes for warm-ups. NOTE: During the 500 free only, 16 lanes will be used for competition and four (4) for warm-ups.
- Time: Warm-ups begin at 7:30 A.M. The 500 Free will begin at 8:30 A.M., and all other events will follow.
- Check in: Check in begins at 7:00 AM. No deck entries for the 500. All events will be deck seeded. All swimmers in the 500 Free must check in by 8:00 AM. All others must check in at least 30 minutes prior to the expected starting time of their first event. Swimmers who do not check in will not be allowed to swim. The meet will be seeded slowest to fastest.
- 1-2 500 yd Freestyle (Men and Women heats will be combined and seeded by time)
- 3-4 200 yd Individual Medley
- 5-6 50 yd Butterfly
- 7-8 50 yd Backstroke
- 9-10 100 yd Freestyle
- 11-12 50 yd Breaststroke
- 13-14 100 yd Butterfly
- 15-16 200 yd Freestyle
- 17-18 100 yd Backstroke
- 19-20 100 yd Breaststroke
- 21-22 100 yd Individual Medley
- 23-24 50 yd Freestyle
- Short break
- 25-26-27 200 Medley Relay
- 28-29-30 200 Free Relay
Relays will be: Women, Men, and Mixed (2 Women/2 Men) All relays deck entered. $5.00 per relay – $1.25 per swimmer. There will be one flight of each relay, so each will be limited to the first 8 relay teams. The age of the youngest relay team member determines the age group for short course yards top ten and records. The sum of the ages of each team member will also be used to rank each team using the age groups for meters meets (72-99, 100-119, 120-159, …).
Swimmers are limited to five (5) events, excluding the relay. This is a cardless meet. There are three ways to register:
- Online Registration: $7.00 meet entry plus $4.00 per event. Enter online to receive immediate confirmation of acceptance via email. Online entry requires payment by credit card using our secure site. Online Registration. Your credit card will be charged by “ClubAssistant.com Events” for this meet.
- Registration by Mail: $7.50 meet entry plus $4.50 per event. Please note that a discount is offered for online entry. Make checks payable to UC Regents. Send to: CAL Aquatic Masters Swim Meet 2013, 2301 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94720-4420
- Deck/late Registration: $10.00 meet entry plus $5.00 per event.
Online entries accepted until 11:59 PM Wednesday, March 5. Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than February 26 (or received by March 1). Please do not send mail requiring a signature.
Mail: Consolidated Entry From, a photocopy of your 2014 USMS registration card, and your entry fee (made payable to UC Regents) to:CAL Aquatic Masters Swim Meet 2014 Cal Rec Club 2301 Bancroft Way Berkeley, CA 94720-4420
- Meet Director: Andrew Cassidy
- Referee: John King