This trip will explore the picturesque seashore while learning basic and intermediate sea kayaking skills including self and assisted rescue techniques. You’ll learn leave-no-trace camping skills and how to prepare the perfect outdoor meal while staying the first night at a designated campground and then two nights along beaches. The peaceful surroundings of Pt. Reyes will lure you back again and again during your years at Cal. For more info visit the
|T B A||Tue-Fri||9:00am||T B A||Closed|
- This trip will meet at the Berkeley Marina at 9:00am on day 1 of the trip. Trip will end at the Berkeley Marina on the last day at 5:00pm.
- When signing up, if you don’t yet have a CAL NET ID, select “All Others” and create a community account if your CAL NET ID is not yet active.
- More details regarding the meeting location will be sent out via e-mail following registration.
- If trip is FULL, complete our waitlist form.
- Check out our other great new student trips
- For more information visit the .
- Day 1: Meet your group at the UC Aquatic Center in the Berkeley Marina in the morning, group introductions, basic paddling skills, gear check, drive to established campground for the evening, learn basic camping skills.
- Day 2: Pack up and go to kayak put in, pack equipment into kayaks, paddle to a boat-in beach campground to stay the next two evenings.
- Day 3: Learn intermediate kayaking skills, explore local area by kayak and foot.
- Day 4: Morning paddling outings, pack up gear and kayak back to vehicles, return to Berkeley in evening, return group gear.
- COMING SOON!