This trip will explore the picturesque seashore while learning basic and intermediate sea kayaking skills including self and assisted rescue techniques. You’ll learn leave-no-trace camping skills and how to prepare the perfect outdoor meal while staying the first night at a designated campground and then two nights along beaches. The peaceful surroundings of Pt. Reyes will lure you back again and again during your years at Cal. For more info visit the
|7/9 – 7/12||Tue-Fri||$245||O03|
- Check out our other great OATS trips
- Day 1: Meet your group at the UC Aquatic Center in the morning, Group introductions, Gear check, Drive to established campground for the evening, Learn basic camping skills.
- Day 2: Pack up and go to kayak put in site, Learn basic kayak skills at the beach, Pack up equipment into kayaks, Paddle to a boat-in beach campground to stay the next two evenings.
- Day 3: Learn intermediate kayaking skills, Explore local area by kayak and foot.
- Day 4: Pack up gear and kayak back to vans, Take a day hike for trip closing, Return to Berkeley in evening, Return group gear.
- Day 5: General Move-in date on campus.