Whether you are a school group, corporate office, or somewhere in-between, we have a program for you! Our ropes course features 6 separate high elements within natural Redwood trees. Participants forge their way across elements individually or in pairs with the help of their belay teams on the ground. Our beautiful course is located at the Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area on the UC-Berkeley campus. Ropes course programs can be paired with other close-by activities and are available year round.
Our Ropes Course Can Help Your Group
- Improve verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Learn to solve problems creatively
- Understand the importance of planning and organization
- Be more aware and accepting of differences
- Strengthen sense of commitment and responsibility
- Increase self awareness and knowledge of capability
- Set attainable goals
- Appreciate the natural environment
- Have a fun-filled experience!
- Welcome and Introductions
- Discuss Goals and Objectives
- Teambuilding Ground Initiatives and Debriefs
- Equipment Orientation and Belay Safety School
- Belay Team Challenges on the Ropes Course
- Debrief and Day Closure
Half Day vs Full Day
- Half day program is 3-4 hours
- Full day program is 6-7 hours
- Half day program will provide your group with an amazing shared experience and time for our staff to debrief personal and group goals
- Full day programs will allow more time for your participants to challenge themselves and provides opportunity to observe and discuss specific group dynamics
We know the goals and missions of each group are unique. Cal Adventures works directly with you and for you, to customize our program offerings so that we may achieve your organization’s goals. Please fill out our Custom Program Questionnaire and send it in today to start planning your event.
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions or need more info.
- Ropes Course Coordinator: Sam Johnson