Private Lessons are great for people who wish to work one-on-one with an instructor to learn new skills, or improve on what you already know. Lessons are offered in Sailing, Sea Kayaking, Windsurfing and Stand Up Paddleboarding. Each lesson is two hours.
|Number of People||Member Price||Non-Member Price|
|One||$80/2 hours||$100/2 hours|
|Two||$120/2 hours||$150/2 hours|
|Three||$160/2 hours||$200/2 hours|
How to Sign Up
You can start the registration process for private lessons by sending us an email, calling us, or filling out the form below.
- Enrollment Center
- Private lessons are a minimum of two hours.
- Participants pay for Private Lessons at the UC Aquatic Center on the day of their lesson.
- Payment is accepted in the form of Cash, Checks and Gift Certificates only.
All classes will meet at the UC Aquatic Center in the Berkeley Marina. Please visit ourfor directions and hours of operation.
Cal Adventures provides wetsuits, windbreaker, and life jackets.
You should bring the following to each session regardless of the time of year:
- Sneakers, wetsuit booties, or sport sandals attached at the heel that you are comfortable wearing in the water. Flip Flops are NOT suitable!
- Bathing suit to wear under a wetsuit
- Fleece, Wool or synthetic hat for warmth
- Hat with visor (for bright sun)
- Synthetic top (Our wetsuits are sleeveless, this can add warmth to your arms)
- Wool sweater or synthetic fleece jacket – cotton will not keep you warm when it’s wet!
- Sunscreen Sunglasses w/strap – so you don’t loose them in the water
- Comfortable synthetic pants (e.g. nylon running pants, fleece pants or any quick dry material) or shorts if the weather is warm
- A CHANGE OF DRY CLOTHES, TOWEL, AND DRY SHOES!
- SNACKS AND WATER