Are you ready to take your windsurfing to the next level? Waterstarting is the technique that will allow you to sail smaller boards in windier conditions and eliminate the struggle to uphaul in the waves and chop. Waterstarting properly will also help you save energy so you can sail longer and will give you more confidence in windy conditions. This clinic is for our adult and youth (13 years or older) windsurfing graduates and will include video on land and plenty of on-the-water practice. Class is limited to 8 students. Drop in students welcome!
- Sales begin 1/15/2013
- Please note: Course is contingent upon the number of registered participants. If there is not enough interest we will cancel the class and send you notification.
All classes will meet at the UC Aquatic Center in the Berkeley Marina. Please visit ourfor directions and hours of operation.
Have taken Intro to Windsurfing with Cal Adventures and a proficiency using larger sails and sailing in higher winds (15+ knots). Experienced windsurfers who have taken classes elsewhere are also welcome!
Cal Adventures provides wetsuits, windbreaker, and life jackets. Wetsuits will be worn during all class sessions.
You should bring the following to each session regardless of the time of year:
- Sneakers, wetsuit booties, or sport sandals attached at the heel that you are comfortable wearing in the water. Flip Flops are NOT suitable!
- Bathing suit to wear under a wetsuit
- Fleece, Wool or synthetic hat for warmth
- Hat with visor (for bright sun)
- Synthetic top (Our wetsuits are sleeveless, this can add warmth to your arms)
- Wool sweater or synthetic fleece jacket – cotton will not keep you warm when it’s wet!
- Sunscreen Sunglasses w/strap – so you don’t loose them in the water
- Comfortable synthetic pants (e.g. nylon running pants, fleece pants or any quick dry material) or shorts if the weather is warm
- A CHANGE OF DRY CLOTHES, TOWEL, AND DRY SHOES!
- SNACKS AND WATER
Things to consider for cold/wet days:
- Polypropylene or thermal underwear
- Rainy weather gear (waterproof pants and jacket)
- A thermos with a hot beverage