Are your wilderness medicine protocols on the tip of your tongue or in the bottom of your pack? This three day scenario-based course is designed as review and practice of evacuation and decision making guidelines. It also provides wilderness medicine practitioners with current updates in the wilderness medicine field.
This course may be used to recertify Wilderness First Responder and Wilderness EMT (wilderness portion only) certifications. You must possess a valid WFR certification of at least 72 hours in order to recertify through this course. Upon successful course completion you will earn a wilderness medicine certification from WMI of NOLS. This course may also be used to recertify WAFA certifications.
There will be a written examination at the beginning of this course. The WFR Recertification Course is pre-approved for 18 hours of EMT Continuing Education Hours (CEH) by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS).
These medical emergency training courses are designed for individuals who enjoy spending time in the outdoors. Students will learn treatment principles and decision-making skills through lectures, simulations, and additional hands on experience that are beneficial when handling a medical situation in the backcountry. All courses are instructed by staff from the Wilderness Medical Institute of NOLS.
|4/11/14 – 4/13/14||Fri, Sat, Sun||8AM-5PM||$295|
- Hourly parking is available in front of the Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area for a prepaid fee of $1 per hour. The parking meter accepts coins, small bills (up to $20), and credit cards. Additional paid parking is available at the Botanical Gardens parking lot a 1/2 mile east of Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area on Centennial.
Students are required to attend all class sessions and field exercises. Review of missed curriculum or examinations is the student’s responsibility. Absences may result in a student not receiving a certification. Limited absences for family or medical concerns can sometimes be accommodated. Contact the WMI office for more information or speak with the WMI instructors on site.
NO SMOKING OR ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ON SITE
2. If you are unable to participate due to injury or illness, you must submit a written request for a transfer or a credit along with a doctor’s note. No refunds will be issued! Requests will be reviewed by management and if a transfer or a credit is issued it will be minus the $25.00 registration fee.
3. If we cancel an activity due to insufficient sign-ups, inclement weather, or other unforeseeable circumstances, you can transfer to another available activity of equal value or receive a full refund or a credit including the $25.00 registration fee.
4. All other refund requests must be submitted in writing, and will be reviewed by the management with no guarantee of receiving a Credit, Transfer or Refund.
5. Credits are not redeemable for a refund at a later date. They remain valid for 6 months and are good toward any activity at Cal Adventures. You may transfer the credit to another individual by submitting a written request to our offices.