If you plan to spend time in the backcountry you need to be prepared. Fast paced and hands-on, this two-day course covers a wide range of wilderness medicine topics for people who travel and work in the outdoors. This course is pre-approved by such organizations as: the American Camping Association, the United States Forest Service, and other governmental agencies. It may also be used for wilderness medicine recertification by those with previous training.
This course may be used to recertify Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness Advanced First Aid and Wilderness EMT (wilderness portion only) certifications. You must possess a valid certification from WMI, SOLO or WMA to recertify through this course. Participants using the WFA to recertify their WFR need to pass both a written and a practical test. Upon successful course completion you will earn a WMI of NOLS wilderness medicine certification.
- If the course is showing FULL, contact the Customer Service Center to be put on a waiting list. Please include email and daytime telephone contact number. Please email us at: ude/yelekreb//ofniarcs
Click on a plus sign (+) to reveal more information.
- Hourly parking is available in front of the Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area for a prepaid fee of $1 per hour. The parking meter accepts coins, small bills (up to $20), and credit cards. Additional paid parking is available at the Botanical Gardens parking lot a 1/2 mile east of Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area on Centennial.
Please keep in mind that all Parking Fees and Availability are subject to change at the discretion of the UC Parking and Transportation Department. Check the P&T website for details at http://pt.berkeley.edu.
NO SMOKING OR ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ON SITE
2. If you are unable to participate due to injury or illness, you must submit a written request for a transfer or a credit along with a doctor’s note. No refunds will be issued! Requests will be reviewed by management and if a transfer or a credit is issued it will be minus the $25.00 registration fee.
3. If we cancel an activity due to insufficient sign-ups, inclement weather, or other unforeseeable circumstances, you can transfer to another available activity of equal value or receive a full refund or a credit including the $25.00 registration fee.
4. All other refund requests must be submitted in writing, and will be reviewed by the management with no guarantee of receiving a Credit, Transfer or Refund.
5. Credits are not redeemable for a refund at a later date. They remain valid for 6 months and are good toward any activity at Cal Adventures. You may transfer the credit to another individual by submitting a written request to our offices.