Experience the excitement of small boat sailing on the San Francisco Bay. Learn sailing theory, safety, and develop a strong foundation of skills in four half-day morning classes. This course will be composed of demonstrations, lectures, and plenty of time on the water in our fleet of Coronado 15s. You will develop the necessary skills (tacking, gybing, capsize recovery, docking, etc.) to move onto our Intermediate Sailing class.
|8/15, 8/16, 8/22, 8/23||SaSu||8AM-12:30PM||$180/ $225||B09|
|9/5, 9/6, 9/12, 9/13||SaSu||8AM-12:30PM||$180/ $225||B10|
|9/19, 9/20, 9/26, 9/27||SaSu||8AM-12:30PM||$180/ $225||B11|
|10/3, 10/4, 10/10, 10/11||SaSu||8AM-12:30PM||$180/ $225||B12|
|10/17, 10.18, 10/24, 10/25||SaSu||8AM-12:30PM||$180/ $225||B13|
|11/7, 11/8, 11/14, 11/15||SaSu||8AM-12:30PM||$180/ $225||B14|
- If a class is “FULL,” please use our .
- It is not possible for one adult to register a second adult for this class. Each participant must register themselves.
All classes will meet at the UC Aquatic Center in the Berkeley Marina. Please visit ourfor directions and hours of operation.
Click on a plus sign (+) to reveal more information.
Cal Adventures provides wetsuits, windbreaker, and life jackets. Wetsuits will be worn during all class sessions.
You should bring the following to each session regardless of the time of year:
- Sneakers, wetsuit booties, or sport sandals attached at the heel that you are comfortable wearing in the water. Flip Flops are NOT suitable!
- Bathing suit to wear under a wetsuit
- Fleece, Wool or synthetic hat for warmth
- Hat with visor (for bright sun)
- Synthetic top (Our wetsuits are sleeveless, this can add warmth to your arms)
- Wool sweater or synthetic fleece jacket – cotton will not keep you warm when it’s wet!
- Sunglasses w/strap – so you don’t loose them in the water
- Comfortable synthetic pants (e.g. nylon running pants, fleece pants or any quick dry material) or shorts if the weather is warm
- A CHANGE OF DRY CLOTHES, TOWEL, AND DRY SHOES!
- SNACKS AND WATER
Things to consider for cold/wet days:
- Polypropylene or thermal underwear
- Rainy weather gear (waterproof pants and jacket)
- A thermos with a hot beverage
Please use the link below to learn about the Cal Adventures cancellation policy and general FAQs.