Hone your basic sailing skills in challenging strong wind conditions and learn reefing, close-hauled sailing, and crew overboard recovery in four half-day afternoon sessions. Cultivate skippering and technical skills needed to safely sail with guests who have little or no sailing experience. After successful completion of this course students will be eligible to rent Cal Adventure sailboats and take advanced sailing clinics (singlehanded sailing and dinghy racing).
|6/22, 6/23,, 6/29, 6/30||SaSu||1PM-5PM||$150/$195||I06|
|7/6, 7/7, 7/13, 7/14||SaSu||1PM-5PM||$150/$195||I07|
|7/20, 7/21, 8/3, 8/4||SaSu||1PM-5PM||$150/$195||I08|
|8/10, 8/11, 8/17, 8/18||SaSu||1PM-5PM||$150/$195||I09|
|8/24, 8/25, 8/31, 9/1||SaSu||1PM-5PM||$150/$195||I10|
- When class is “FULL” and you want to be added to the wait list, please email us with your name and contact information, along with the class name and date(s) to ude/yelekreb//ofniarcs
- This is a great follow up to our Introduction to Sailing class.
All classes will meet at the UC Aquatic Center in the Berkeley Marina. Please visit ourfor directions and hours of operation.
Cal Adventures provides wetsuits, windbreaker, and life jackets. Wetsuits will be worn during all class sessions.
You should bring the following to each session regardless of the time of year:
- Sneakers, wetsuit booties, or sport sandals attached at the heel that you are comfortable wearing in the water. Flip Flops are NOT suitable!
- Bathing suit to wear under a wetsuit
- Fleece, Wool or synthetic hat for warmth
- Hat with visor (for bright sun)
- Synthetic top (Our wetsuits are sleeveless, this can add warmth to your arms)
- Wool sweater or synthetic fleece jacket – cotton will not keep you warm when it’s wet!
- Sunscreen Sunglasses w/strap – so you don’t loose them in the water
- Comfortable synthetic pants (e.g. nylon running pants, fleece pants or any quick dry material) or shorts if the weather is warm
- A CHANGE OF DRY CLOTHES, TOWEL, AND DRY SHOES!
- SNACKS AND WATER
Things to consider for cold/wet days:
- Polypropylene or thermal underwear
- Rainy weather gear (waterproof pants and jacket)
- A thermos with a hot beverage