Learn and improve your dinghy racing skills. This one day clinic will cover roll tacks, rounding marks, racing starts and finishes, etc. You’ll sail as both skipper and crew and race against your instructor and classmates after a classroom session that covers racing basics. Open to participants who are eligible to rent Cal Adventures sailboats. Please come early to help drop and rig boats.
|T B A||Sat||12N-3PM||$30/$40||T B A|
- Each participant must register under his/her own account in our store as one must agree to and accept our waivers on their own behalf. It is not possible for one adult to register a second adult for this class under their own account.
- When class is “FULL” and you want to be added to the wait list, please email us with your name and contact information, along with the class name and date(s) to ude/yelekreb//ofniarcs
All classes will meet at the UC Aquatic Center in the Berkeley Marina. Please visit ourfor directions and hours of operation.
Cal Adventures provides wetsuits, windbreaker, and life jackets. Wetsuits will be worn during all class sessions.
You should bring the following to each session regardless of the time of year:
- Sneakers, wetsuit booties, or sport sandals attached at the heel that you are comfortable wearing in the water. Flip Flops are NOT suitable!
- Bathing suit to wear under a wetsuit
- Fleece, Wool or synthetic hat for warmth
- Hat with visor (for bright sun)
- Synthetic top (Our wetsuits are sleeveless, this can add warmth to your arms)
- Wool sweater or synthetic fleece jacket – cotton will not keep you warm when it’s wet!
- Sunscreen Sunglasses w/strap – so you don’t loose them in the water
- Comfortable synthetic pants (e.g. nylon running pants, fleece pants or any quick dry material) or shorts if the weather is warm
- A CHANGE OF DRY CLOTHES, TOWEL, AND DRY SHOES!
- SNACKS AND WATER
Things to consider for cold/wet days:
- Polypropylene or thermal underwear
- Rainy weather gear (waterproof pants and jacket)
- A thermos with a hot beverage