Designed for the dedicated sailor who has demonstrated high sailing proficiency in Coronado 15s. Students will sail our high performance RS Ventures and learn anchoring, trapeze, fine tune rigging, capsize recovery and docking. After successful completion of this course students may rent our RS Ventures sail boats. Ventures are incredibly versatile, and capable of handling SF Bay high winds but also stable and spacious enough for a relaxing cruise with family and friends.
We will resume our Advanced Sailing class in the spring of 2016.
|4/23, 4/24||SaSu||1PM- 5PM||$95/$120||AS01|
|5/7, 5/8||SaSu||1PM- 5PM||$95/$120||AS02|
- If a class is “FULL” please use our .
- It is not possible for one adult to register a second adult for this class. Each participant must register themselves.
All classes will meet at the UC Aquatic Center in the Berkeley Marina. Please visit our Marina Info Page for directions and hours of operation.
Click on a plus sign (+) to reveal more information.
Cal Adventures provides wetsuits, windbreaker, and life jackets. Wetsuits will be worn during all class sessions.
You should bring the following to each session regardless of the time of year:
- Sneakers, wetsuit booties, or sport sandals attached at the heel that you are comfortable wearing in the water. Flip Flops are NOT suitable!
- Bathing suit to wear under a wetsuit
- Fleece, Wool or synthetic hat for warmth
- Hat with visor (for bright sun)
- Synthetic top (Our wetsuits are sleeveless, this can add warmth to your arms)
- Wool sweater or synthetic fleece jacket – cotton will not keep you warm when it’s wet!
- Sunglasses w/strap – so you don’t loose them in the water
- Comfortable synthetic pants (e.g. nylon running pants, fleece pants or any quick dry material) or shorts if the weather is warm
- A CHANGE OF DRY CLOTHES, TOWEL, AND DRY SHOES!
- SNACKS AND WATER
Things to consider for cold/wet days:
- Polypropylene or thermal underwear
- Rainy weather gear (waterproof pants and jacket)
- A thermos with a hot beverage