Stand Up Paddleboarding (a.k.a. SUP) is great for everyone whether you’re looking for a fantastic workout on the water, or seek the high speed excitement of wave surfing. Our SUP Class will help you develop fundamental skills such as balance, effective paddling/stroke, steering and falling/recovery techniques. The Berkeley Marina is the perfect location to learn the basics, develop stamina for longer paddles, and prepare you for the challenge — and the thrill — of wave surfing.
All classes will meet at the UC Aquatic Center in the Berkeley Marina. Please visit ourfor directions and hours of operation.
- If a class is “FULL” please use our .
- It is not possible for one adult to register a second adult for this class. Each participant must register themselves.
Click on a plus sign (+) to reveal more information.
Attendees should be prepared for cool temperatures on the bay by bringing multiple layers of clothing, a water bottle, and a snack.
Cal Adventures provides wetsuits, windbreaker, and life jackets. Wetsuits will be worn during all class sessions.
You should bring the following to each session regardless of the time of year:
- Sneakers, wetsuit booties, or sport sandals attached at the heel that you are comfortable wearing in the water. Flip Flops are NOT suitable!
- Bathing suit to wear under a wetsuit
- Fleece, Wool or synthetic hat for warmth
- Hat with visor (for bright sun)
- Synthetic top (Our wetsuits are sleeveless, this can add warmth to your arms)
- Wool sweater or synthetic fleece jacket – cotton will not keep you warm when it’s wet!
- Sunscreen Sunglasses w/strap – so you don’t loose them in the water
- Comfortable synthetic pants (e.g. nylon running pants, fleece pants or any quick dry material) or shorts if the weather is warm
- A CHANGE OF DRY CLOTHES, TOWEL, AND DRY SHOES!
- SNACKS AND WATER
Things to consider for cold/wet days:
- Polypropylene or thermal underwear
- Rainy weather gear (waterproof pants and jacket)
- A thermos with a hot beverage
Please use the link below to learn about the Cal Adventures cancellation policy and general FAQs.