Interested in training for a sprint or “mini” triathlon? Want to improve your swimming/ cycling/ running skills? Looking to spice-up your workouts? If you answered YES to any of these questions, sign up for our Tri 4 Fun training series. While we strongly encourage you to train for all three formats and to compete in the events, full participation is NOT required. As long as you are committed to working hard, learning or improving your skills, and having a great experience with other highly committed folks, this is the perfect opportunity to get or stay fit. No experience necessary and friends/family welcome.
What Does Our Training Series Look Like?
- Training period: Thursday, January 2 – Sunday, January 26, 2014
- All events take place at the RSF
- All instructors are certified personal trainers
- Nutrition/training plans and mock triathlon event included
- You can participate in 2 or 3 events or “train only” and improve skills/overall fitness
- Final RSF Sprint Triathlon Event: Sunday, January 26 @ 8:00AM
How far do I swim, bike and run?
You can choose either a beginner or intermediate distance.
- 1. BLUE: Swim 400 yards, Bike (indoor) 5 miles, Run 1 mile
- 2. GOLD: Swim 800 yards, Bike (indoor) 10 miles, Run 3 miles
Training Series Requirements
- Available Monday, Wednesday and/or Thursday evenings 5:30-6:50PM for resistance training, indoor cycling, swimming and running
- Attend two Saturday, late-morning workouts
- Devote at least 6 hours per week to coaching, group sessions, and individual training
Training Series Costs
- UC Faculty and Staff Training Series $99. Or $129 for full access Rec Sports membership 1/2-1/31
- Family and Friends Training Series $119. Or $149 for full access Rec Sports membership 1/2-1/31