- B.A. Sociology, UC Berkeley
- M.A. Sociology concentration in Social Change, San Jose State University
- Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Instructor
- Sampoorna Hatha Yoga
- Yoga Tune Up®
- Stick Yoga Instructor
- California Massage Practitioner
- Acupressure and Reiki Certified
- American Red Cross CPR/AED Certified
- Completed a 10-day Vipassana silent meditation retreat in 2012
- Completed a half marathon, 10K, and Angel Island 12K in 2009
Nicolette took her first yoga class as a student at UC Berkeley in 1999; she fell in love with the way yoga grounded and rejuvenated her. After working for busy non-profits and city government for 5+ years, she left the stress behind and became Acupressure and Reiki certified. She then completed her 200-hour certification in Sampoorna Hatha Yoga with Sri Yogi Hari of the Sivananda lineage.
A self-professed ‘body nerd’ she sought out continued education in more movement based and anatomy rich curriculum and became a Yoga Tune Up® instructor.
Nicolette started The Illuminated Body in 2013 offering private, semi-private, group, and corporate yoga in addition to Asian bodywork modalities.
Hiking, dancing, anatomy, traveling, learning, and just being!
Nicolette believes it’s all about balance, being silly, and truly enjoying your journey of growth and self-discovery. Movement is medicine, she encourages everyone to seek out how their body likes to move. Nicolette is a huge advocate for self-care sharing creative ways to nourish the body, mind, and soul.