- UC San Diego, B.S Management Science, Minor in Mathematics
- University of San Francisco, M.A. Sport Management
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- BASI Certified Pilates Instructor
- GTS Certified Personal Trainer
- SCW Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- UCSD Fitness Instructor Training Program (emphasis in Yoga, Pilates)
- WSI Water Safety Instructor Certified
- SCW Certified Group Cycle Instructor
Maryam worked hard through college balancing her time between sports and school. She was offered an internship with the National Basketball League in Sydney, Australia shortly after graduation which led her to pursue her masters in Sports Management. Through all this, she has continued her education in fitness and seeks to blend her background in sports with her knowledge of exercise.
Maryam has been in the health and wellness industry for over 9 years. She started teaching swim lessons at her local pool and now teaches group exercise, workfit, private swim and personal training at Cal. She continues to cross train and participate in a wide variety of activities including swimming, hiking, cycling, running, traveling, dancing, yoga, pilates and meditation. Maryam has also been a competitive athlete for many years. She swam and played water polo through high school and college. She continues to swim and play recreationally and is very involved in the athletic community at Cal.
Challenges! Maryam enjoys doing things she can’t already do physically and mentally. There is nothing more satisfying than growing stronger and achieving personal best.
Maryam strongly believes in training for life, where people should be strong enough to do the activities they enjoy. She finds that her knowledge and practice of pilates and yoga are the strengths in her training. She strongly emphasizes cross training and functional training to keep the mind and body powerful.