- B.S. Exercise Physiology, Iowa State University
- A.S. Biotechnology, Ellsworth Community College
- C.S.C.S. (NSCA) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- USAW-CC(USAW) Certified in Olympic Weightlifting
- USATF-L1(USATF) Certified in Track and Field Coaching
- GCS(GMP Fitness) Certified Golf Conditioning Specialist
- NIKE/SPARQ Trainer
- CPR/AED/FA Certification
- Strength and Conditioning Coach, ten years
- Football Coach, six years
- Track and Field Coach, six years
- Velocity Sports Performance Coach, four years
- Personal Training six years
- Consultant/Tutor in Sports Performance/Strength and Conditioning and Anatomy for six years
- Trained/Worked with various All-State, All-American, and NFL athletes
Coaching is Al’s passion. Al is a volunteer assistant coach for the Cal Track& Field Team. He coaches the running backs annually at the Nike Football Training Camps. He coaches football at Bishop O’Dowd High School, and is a volunteer assistant coach with the semi-professional Oakland Vipers football team. Al also teaches for Cal-Fit Instructional Fitness, as well as being a supervisor for the Recreational Department. He enjoys teaching classes such as: Boot Camp, Strength Training, and Running for Fitness. Al will also conduct workshops and clinics on Running Technique, Self Myo-Fascial Release, Cardio Workout Design, Flexibility and eventually Olympic lifting.
Al loves to coach, teach and train. Playing sports, running and lifting are activities he enjoys. Other than fitness and sports, Al attends workshops and clinics at U.C. Berkeley to improve teaching techniques, and enjoys reading research journals, and biographies. Learning more about a wide range of topics, such as history and art also interest Al. Traveling the world is a goal for Al.
Although Al has worked with many athletes, his approach to all clients is guided by overall health ideals. Al is an expert at tailoring programs in order to achieve his clients’ goals. Al will conduct a comprehensive analysis on all factors affecting health. This includes stress, diet, sleep, strength, flexibility, and any other specific issues you may have. You will also see improvements in balance and posture, as well as recovery from injury.
- “Citius, Altius, Fortius”