Earn all your certifications at once! This course is designed to meet the California State non-surf lifeguard requirements. Upon successful completion of this course, participants earn certifications in Lifeguard Training, CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer, and First Aid. Please note that all participants must possess strong swimming skills ansd must pass a water skills test.
|3/15-3/23||Sat & Sun||9am-5pm||$200|
- Saturday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Location: Hearst Room 245 & Hearst Pool
- Learn to respond effectively to emergencies.
- Learn life-long decision making skills.
- Earn respect and appreciation of peers and patrons.
Certificates Earned Upon Completion
- Lifeguard Training
- CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer
- First Aid
- 15 years of age or older by the end of the course
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.