The Bod Pod is the gold standard for body composition testing. It is one of the best ways to accurately measure your lean mass and fat mass, and also provides resting metabolic rate (the number of calories your body needs to support its basic functions) and Total Energy Expenditure (the number of calories you need to make it through your day).
Our comprehensive fitness assessment involves a series of measurements that help determine the current health and fitness level of our clients. Once our client’s baseline health and fitness level has been determined, we will recommend the most appropriate exercises for our clients. We use a variety of fitness tests and measurements to determine each individual’s baseline fitness level. The specific test we use in each assessment depends on the health and fitness of each client and the type of workout routines performed.
Please wear workout clothing to your appointment. Please see “What to Wear” section below describing clothing required for your BodPod session.
The BodPod test & Fitness Assessment is $60 for members and $80 for non-members.
- Provides accurate information on fat and lean mass, Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR), and Total Energy Expenditure (TEE).
- Fast test time (about 5 minutes).
- Accommodates a wide range of populations.
- Excellent repeatability.
- Safe, non-invasive, and ideally suited for repeated testing.
- Simple and easy to complete
Information provided in Our Fitness Assessment:
- Measurements: Resting Pulse.
- Body composition assessments: BodPod
- Cardiorespiratory assessments: 3 minute step.
- Movement assessments: Overhead squat, single-leg squat, pushing & pulling.
- Performance Assessment: Push-up.
Get the Paperwork
1You’ll need to fill out a Health History Questionnaire. This form must be filled out and then dropped off at the RSF Customer Service Center. You can pick up the form at the RSF, or download a PDF version via the link below. Please note: You may be required to complete a Medical Clearance form. If so, your account will be activated after you submit your Medical Clearance form to the Membership Desk.
Create Your MindBody Online Account
2Once you have submitted your paperwork, visit our MindBody Online purchasing and scheduling system to create your account. (Note: By default, your account will be a Non-RSF Member account. In order to change to a RSF member account, please visit or call the RSF Customer Service Center at 510.642.7796 after you have created your account.)
Purchase and Schedule Your Sessions
3Using our MindBody Online scheduling system, you can purchase and schedule your sessions at your convenience.
- Please refrain from large meals or vigorous exercise TWO hours prior to testing.
- Wear appropriate attire, either: (a) Form-fitting Speedo-style or other Lycra/spandex-type swim suit; OR (b) Single- layer compression shorts(bike-style shorts WITHOUT padding) and a single-layer (not padded) jog bra.
- You’ll be asked to remove all other articles of clothing (socks,etc.) as well as jewelry, socks, eyeglasses, etc. And, because we are measuring total body volume, you’ll also be asked to wear a swim cap which we provide.
- Have an accurate measurement of your height.
DURING THE TEST, you will be in one of our private therapy rooms with your test technician. During the test you’ll be weighed with our calibrated scale and then asked to sit in our Bod Pod unit for about 5 minutes. This test uses Air Displacement measurements, so you will not get wet. Just simply sit comfortably in the unit and relax.