About the BOD POD
The BOD POD is the gold standard for body composition testing. It is one of the best ways to accurately measure your lean mass and fat mass, and also provides resting metabolic rate (the number of calories your body needs to support its basic functions) and Total Energy Expenditure (the number of calories you need to make it through your day).
- Provides accurate information on fat and lean mass, Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR), and Total Energy Expenditure (TEE).
- Fast test time (about 5 minutes).
- Accommodates a wide range of populations.
- Excellent repeatability.
- Safe, non-invasive, and ideally suited for repeated testing.
- Simple and easy to complete
Get the Paperwork
1You’ll need to fill out a Health History Questionnaire. This form must be filled out and then dropped off at the RSF Customer Service Center. You can pick up the form at the RSF, or download a PDF version via the link below. Please note: You may be required to complete a Medical Clearance form. If so, your account will be activated after you submit your Medical Clearance form to the Membership Desk.
Create Your MindBody Online Account
2Once you have submitted your paperwork, visit our MindBody Online purchasing and scheduling system to create your account. (Note: By default, your account will be a Non-RSF Member account. In order to change to a RSF member account, please visit or call the RSF Customer Service Center at 510.642.7796 after you have created your account.)
Purchase and Schedule Your Sessions
3Using our MindBody Online scheduling system, you can purchase and schedule your sessions at your convenience.
- Please refrain from large meals or vigorous exercise TWO hours prior to testing.
- Wear appropriate attire, either: (a) Form-fitting Speedo-style or other Lycra/spandex-type swim suit; OR (b) Single- layer compression shorts(bike-style shorts WITHOUT padding) and a single-layer (not padded) jog bra.
- You’ll be asked to remove all other articles of clothing (socks,etc.) as well as jewelry, socks, eyeglasses, etc. And, because we are measuring total body volume, you’ll also be asked to wear a swim cap which we provide.
- Have an accurate measurement of your height.
DURING THE TEST, you will be in one of our private therapy rooms with your test technician. During the test you’ll be weighed with our calibrated scale and then asked to sit in our Bod Pod unit for about 5 minutes. This test uses Air Displacement measurements, so you will not get wet. Just simply sit comfortably in the unit and relax.
- Member Rate: $60.00
- Non-Member Rate: $80.00