Located on Centennial Drive east of Memorial Stadium, the Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area offers the spectacular Club House. The Club House is nestled in the Berkeley Hills, surrounded by greenery and placed away from the city in a very tranquil setting. Along two sides of the room, floor to ceiling windows overlook a wooden deck and nearby trees. The Club House is a well-lit space with hardwood floors, lending to a cozy atmosphere for your function. The back of the room has double doors leading out to a classic wooden deck and semi-enclosed concrete patio allowing your function to flow freely between spaces.
- Kitchen area included, complete with an industrial size refrigerator, large freezer, 4 burner electric stove and oven, dishwasher, double sink, and ample counter space.
- Max accommodations: 80 seated; 120 standing.
How To Rent
- To request the rental of this facility please download the Rental Request Form and send it by email to email@example.com or fax it to our office at (510) 642-0990.
- Call (510) 643-7327 with any questions.
- UC Berkeley Official Department Function: $80/hr
- Community Function: $100/hr
- Payment must be made in full 14 days prior to event
- Additional Event Staff: $15/hr (staffing needs are event specific)
(Hours booked must include set-up and clean-up time. Staffing needs are event specific and fees will be added to rental cost as deemed necessary by Event Manger.)
Equipment needs should be included in your facility request.
- 6′ rectangular tables (seats 6-8 people)
- 6′ round tables (seats 6-8 people)
- Fabric dining chairs
- Wooden picnic tables (outdoor use only)
- Fireplace (Client provides own firewood and must clean up at end of use, submit Fire Permit for approval.)
- Service entrance/loading zone
- Large portable charcoal BBQ grill $25/day
Please Note: SCRA does not offer catering services. Table covering, dishes, cutlery, service trays, etc. can be sought through outside catering companies. If you are hiring an outside company, please consult with Cal Rec Sports Event Manager.
- Submit Rental Request Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confirm date and receive invoice.
- Schedule a walk through of facility with Event Manager (if desired).
- Submit Facility Use Permit and pay rental fee 14 days prior to event to confirm reservation.
- Submit Certificate of Insurance and all other relevant forms (Food Permit, Alcohol Permit, Fire Permit).
Thank you for your interest in the SCRA Haas Clubhouse. We hope your event is a success!
The Haas Club House is part of the Strawberry Canyon Recreation Area, which is located on Centennial Drive, just east of Memorial Stadium.
From Highway 80
Take the University Avenue exit in Berkeley. Follow University Ave. up (East) to Oxford. Take a Left on Oxford. Take a Right on Hearst. Take a Right on Gayley Road. Take a Left at the first stop sign onto Stadium Rim Way. Take a Left at the next stop sign onto Centennial Drive. The entrance to the SCRA Clubhouse and parking lot is directly on your right.
From Highway 24
Exit at Telegraph Avenue and take a right on Telegraph. Continue down Telegraph and take a Left on Prospect. Take a Right on Orchard Lane. Take a Left on Panoramic which becomes Canyon Road. Bear Left onto Stadium Rim Way. Take a Right on Centennial Drive. The entrance to the SCRA Clubhouse and parking lot is directly on your right.
Please follow the UC Parking and Transportation regulations listed on the signage posted in the SCRA parking lot. All parking regulations are in effect and spaces are metered. Due to the limited number of spaces at SCRA, parking can be challenging and is not guaranteed. Since Parking and Transportation regulates the parking lot, Rec Sports does not have ANY control over parking citations issued.
- Public parking is available in the lot Monday-Friday 5pm-2am and Saturday-Sunday 5am-2am.
- If your event is not during these hours, public parking is also available in the Botanical Garden lot located up the hill from SCRA (East on Centennial Drive), open daily from 5am-2am.
For more information, visit the Parking and Transportation website here.