We’re working hard to make Rec Sports an environmentally friendly place. From changing the lights in the RSF to energy-saving bulbs, to switching to a water-conserving laundry detergent, we’re committed to lessening our environmental footprint.
What we are doing
Fostering an inclusive environment.
Creating a healthy environment.
Sustaining fiscal stewardship.
Easy Green Tips
Now it’s your turn. What can you do?
- Get outside your vehicle! Save time, money, emissions, and stress by ridesharing, biking, walking or skating to and from campus.
- BYO Bottle: Hydrate using a refillable water bottle.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Eco Yoga: Green up your downward dog with a biodegradable yoga mat.
- Use reusable bags when shopping instead of plastic or paper. Many stores offer a bag credit to thank you!
Find Out More
To learn more about how you can broaden your “green” community, click on the links below for resources in the East Bay Area.
- UC Berkeley Green Campus Walking Tour
- Cal Rec Sports Performance Monitor
- Zero Waste by 2020
- Green Certifications
- UC Systemwide
- Green Events in the Community
Have an Idea?
Of course, there’s still more work to do. If you have ideas for us, please let us know. We’re always looking for new ways to be more efficient.