Thank you for your interest in the Recreation Operations position! Cal Recreational Sports is dedicated to enhancing the knowledge, wellness, fitness, personal skills and quality of life for students, faculty, staff, and the community; by providing organized wellness programming and hosting various special events. This position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in guest service, event management, and facility operations.
We are currently accepting applications for the Summer 2016 Semester!
Under direct supervision of the Operation Coordinator/s of Recreation Sports, manage access and activity areas, Assist users with membership services including program schedules, facility amenities, and general information, and serve as the point person for events hosted by students, faculty/staff, and community in all Campus Recreation facilities. Open/close facility when needed. Work flexible hours including weekends and holidays. This is a year round position for UCB students.
The RSF Operations Staff strives to uphold the highest level of professionalism at all times, as their actions and presence are reflected on the department. Job responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Provide quality customer service by answering phone call inquires, taking court reservations, checking out equipment, and interacting with all patrons, employees, and staff in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Assists with set-up and take down and supervises throughout the duration of events.
- Appropriately resolve routine conflicts or confrontations with guest.
- Review all manual and informational items, in order to provide patrons with accurate information about Recreation Sports.
- Contributing to the overall operations of the facility, by adhering to and enforcing all policies and procedures.
- Ability to bend at the waist, lift in excess of 25lbs, and reach above shoulder height to access and set up equipment.
Requirements & Certifications
- UC Berkeley student with a minimum of two semesters (1 academic year) remaining before graduation (2 academic years preferred).
- Work weekends and holidays.
- Work Study Preferred.
5-20hrs/wk and up to 40 hrs/wk during the academic breaks.
- Submit an application by downloading an Application Packet here and sending it to Jarrell Garcia, Building Operations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: If hired, you will need to be in possession of documents that prove you are authorized to work in the United States. A list of accepted documents can be found on the last page of Homeland Security Form I-9.
email@example.com | Tel 510-643-4575 | Fax: 510-642-0990