Manage activity areas and locker rooms. Assist users with membership services including program schedules, facility amenities, and general information. Disseminate membership information. Answer facility and program related questions. Open/close facility when needed. Work flexible hours including weekends and holidays. This is a year round position for UCB students.
Employees are expected to provide the following services at all times:
- Acknowledge each guest as they enter the recreation facility and as they approach each work station.
- Provide information, assistance and customer service.
- Make proper referrals for patrons as needed, remaining the single point of contact when possible.
- Resolve routine conflicts or confrontations with guests.
- Review all manuals and informational items (posted memos, the memo binder, brochures, flyers, etc.) to provide patrons with accurate information about RS (Recreation Sports) programs.
Solid knowledge/experience with customer service skills and positive attitude. Work study preferred. CPR/First Aid certifications are preferred and can be obtained through the department upon hiring.
5-20hrs/wk and up to 40 hrs/wk during the academic breaks.
- Download an Application Packet here, or pick one up from the Cal Rec Club (CRC) membership desk (Mon-Sat) at the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF): 2301 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94720-4420
- Email Jason Maddy, Cal Rec Club Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application packet.
- NOTE: If hired, you will need to be in possession of documents that prove you are authorized to work in the United States. A list of accepted documents can be found on the last page of Homeland Security Form I-9.
email@example.com | Tel 510-643-2316 | Fax: 510-642-0990