Thank you for your interest in working for Cal Rec Sports Rec Operations! We are no longer hiring at this point, but will start accepting applications for the Fall semester on July 20th!
Manage activity areas and locker rooms. Assist users with membership services including program schedules, facility amenities, and general information. Disseminate membership information. Answer facility and program related questions. Open/close facility when needed. Work flexible hours including weekends and holidays. This is a year round position for UCB students.
Employees are expected to provide the following services at all times:
- Acknowledge each guest as they enter the recreation facility and as they approach each work station.
- Provide information, assistance and customer service.
- Make proper referrals for patrons as needed, remaining the single point of contact when possible.
- Resolve routine conflicts or confrontations with guests.
- Review all manuals and informational items (posted memos, the memo binder, brochures, flyers, etc.) to provide patrons with accurate information about RS (Recreation Sports) programs.
Solid knowledge/experience with customer service skills and positive attitude. Work study preferred. CPR/First Aid certifications are preferred and can be obtained through the department upon hiring.
5-20hrs/wk and up to 40 hrs/wk during the academic breaks.
- Download an Application Packet here, or pick one up from the Cal Rec Club (CRC) membership desk (Mon-Sat) at the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF): 2301 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94720-4420
- Email Jarrell Garcia, Building Operations Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application packet.
- NOTE: If hired, you will need to be in possession of documents that prove you are authorized to work in the United States. A list of accepted documents can be found on the last page of Homeland Security Form I-9.
email@example.com | Tel 510-643-4575 | Fax: 510-642-0990