Thank you for your interest in a position with our Marketing Team! Our positions are part-time, paid internships. Those hired for these positions will get hands on marketing and event planning experience. From our online fundraisers to planning and executing Caltopia to marketing promotions, there is never a dull day on our team. Please take a look at the qualifications below and how to apply.
- Excellent time management skills
- Shows ownership when working on projects with initiative and special attention to detail
- Personable, flexible, outgoing, hard working, passionate
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and loves a good challenge
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- PC and MAC – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Click the plus sign (+) to reveal more information.
- Facebook & Twitter posting schedule
- Manage multiple, overlapping promotional campaigns
- Special Event Promotion: Caltopia, Cal Bears Online Auction, FitWell Week, Cal Day @ the RSF, and various marketing events/projects with our sponsors
- Placement of Facebook Ads
- Develop Cal Rec Sports Twitter 7 Instagram engagement with UC Berkeley students
- Capture photos and video
- Researching and uncovering new trends in social media
- Will be required to access social media channels on their mobile device to prepare or follow up with content/photos/videos
30% of Time: Marketing Events and Project Coordination
- Working with others, such as internal staff, printers, programmers, developers or other technicians, to complete the final product
- Manage multiple projects from concept to execution with team assistance
- Assist in staffing, set-up and take-down of events
- Events Include and are not limited to: Caltopia, Cal Bears Online Auction, FitWell Week, Cal Day @ the RSF, and various marketing events/projects with our sponsors.
10% of Time: Provide general administrative support for the Marketing and Business Development staff
- Prepare marketing materials
- Order supplies as needed through procurement systems
- Prepare and send communications
- $10 per hour
How to Apply
1 Read the job description.
3 All applications received will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be invited to interview.
NOTE: This job requires a part-time commitment (average minimum of 15 hr/wk). Days available: Monday – Friday, Hours within 9am – 5pm. Some evenings and weekends do apply. Candidates that can commit to work through the end of August 2014 are preferred.