Thank you for your interest in a position with our Marketing Team! Cal Rec Sports Marketing team hires part-time paid interns. The people hired for these positions will get hands on marketing and event planning experience. From our online fundraisers to planning and executing Caltopia to marketing promotions, there is never a dull day on our team. Please take a look at the qualifications below and how to apply.
- Personable, flexible, outgoing, hard working, passionate
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and loves a good challenge
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- PC and MAC – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Click the plus sign (+) to reveal more information.
60% of Time: Effectively manage Cal Rec Sports social media with managerial support. Including but not limited to:
- Facebook activity log
- Manage multiple, overlapping promotional campaigns
- Special Event Promotion: Caltopia, Cal Bears Online Auction, FitWell Week, Cal Day @ the RSF, and various marketing events/projects with our sponsors
- Placement of Facebook Ads
- Aid in further developing Cal Rec Sports Twitter engagement with UC Berkeley students
- Aid in researching and uncovering new trends in social media
30% of Time: Marketing Events and Project Coordination
- Working with others, such as internal staff, printers, programmers, developers or other technicians, to complete the final product
- Manage multiple projects from concept to execution with team assistance
- Assist in staffing, set-up and take-down of events
- Events Include and are not limited to: Caltopia, Cal Bears Online Auction, FitWell Week, Cal Day @ the RSF, and various marketing events/projects with our sponsors.
10% of Time: Provide general administrative support for the Marketing and Business Development staff
- Prepare marketing materials
- Order supplies as needed through procurement systems
- Prepare and send communications
- $10 per hour
How to Apply
1 No longer accepting applications
3 All applications received will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be invited to interview.